Saturday, February 12, 2011

fun valentine cookies

You know those huge heart shaped cookies you can buy for anniversaries and holidays? They have sweet messages on them and look so festive. I thought it would be fun to try to make a mini version of that with my boys for Valentine's Day. I bought these adorable mini heart shaped baking pans a while back and I knew they would be perfect!

I made my a batch of my favorite cookie dough and pressed some into each dish.



I baked them for about 350 for about 9 minutes. You will just want to check and make sure they are golden brown. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your pans.


Once finished I cooled them and made a simple glaze to drizzle over the edges and then let my boys decorate with sprinkles.


If you wish you could also make a thicker frosting and pipe it around the edges and write something in the center like the stores that sell the big version. You could even add conversation hearts on it to send a message!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
4 Comments

4 Responses to “fun valentine cookies”

Cindy said...

any idea who makes the little heart shaped pan? Thanks

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Cindy,
I cannot remember where I got these little pans, but I know it wasn't a specialty store. Walmart or Target or Michaels, I think.

-Jessica

Sue said...

Yummy! Look lovely too!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

I just made these last night but we ate them warm at of the oven topped with ice cream and whipped cream.

I will be running to work for the next week just to burn it all off {smile}!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs