Friday, October 18, 2013

halloween burlap table runner {tutorial}





Easiest. Project. Ever. This Halloween burlap table runner doesn't need much of a tutorial. It honestly took me about 10 minutes to make. And it really makes my Halloween table display pop.



I found this printed burlap fabric at Hobby Lobby and bought two yards. I bought 3 yards of pom pom trim from the upholstery section of the sewing department, but I only used about 2.5 yards. The rest I used on my burlap Halloween banner.



Using this easy cutting method from my burlap wedding banner tutorial, I trimmed the short edges to make sure they were straight and even. Then I overlapped the pom pom trim over the short edges and zig-zag stitched them in place. The edges were already frayed a bit so I left them that way. That is seriously it. It doesn't get much easier than that, my friends.



One of my favorite parts of my Halloween centerpiece is this adorable "Frank" doll made by my friend Dana Engemann. I love the bolts coming out of his head and the little zipper "cut" above his eye. Her owls are adorable, too! (If you're a Utah local you can also take amazing classes from Dana--check out her Web site.)


My other fave is this vintage Halloween book page art I made. Just take a piece of dictionary paper or other book page and print a vintage Halloween image in the middle and frame it. This bat image is from The Graphics Fairy (I used it on my Halloween tea towels, too!)  I love fast and easy projects like this! I think you'll be seeing something similar on my Thanksgiving table. . .



You still have time to decorate for Halloween--I put together this Halloween centerpiece using mostly stuff I already had, plus a few super fast projects like these. Happy Halloween!



share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs