Friday, September 17, 2010

jet setting plus braided rosettes

I'm sitting in the Seattle airport, on my way to somewhere exciting. Here's a hint: I'm hoping to find lots of the printed masking tape shown below when I get there. I was told it was everywhere. Any guesses?


This last rosette tutorial is so simple I didn't even take pictures step-by-step. Okay, the real, honest truth is that I was so busy cleaning and packing and planning for this trip that I didn't have time to take pictures. But really, it's easy.

This is the braided rosette. It's a little different, but it fits in nicely with it's fluffier friends. In fact, I like to incorporate them with my regular rosettes when I make my rosette bib necklaces, just to add some texture.


1. Start with three narrow strands of your fabric. (1/4" to 1/2" wide, 22" long). In the pink rosette, I used two strips of one pink shade, and a third strip of a slightly darker pink fabric to make it interesting.

2. Hold the three strands together and tie a knot at one end. Now braid the pieces together. You can use a small dot of fabric glue to keep the ends together if you want. I don't bother.

3. Roll the braid around the knot to create your rosette, adding a dot of glue about every 1/2 turn. Finish as you did the regular rosette. That's it!


More info on the rosette-themed mini class when I get back from my trip. Stay tuned!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
7 Comments

7 Responses to “jet setting plus braided rosettes”

Traci Michele said...

Hi there,

Would you be interested in doing a giveaway/review on my blog, Ordinary Inspirations? Also, I'd love to have you Sponsor Ordinary Inspirations by running a fabulous ad in my sidebar!

http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

Traci

PS: I'll send you more details and stats if you are interested.

Rachel Witthaus said...

My guess would be Japan? Have fun wherever your travels take you :)

soybeanlover said...

Oh!! Are you coming to our neck of the woods?? Hope the flight doesn't feel too long, and enjoy the sushi!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip!! Can't wait for more flower fun when you get back!!

Kisses from the WhipperChick

Faith Pray said...

Oh, my goodness! I can't believe that I've survived without your blog until now. Have you thought of selling books of your compiled posts? Seriously, I would love to have a hard copy to peruse when I need to think of projects and gifts to make. Also, I'm curious if you have tried pulling your blog feed through to facebook? I'm a fan on facebook, but don't get the blog through it, and would love to be able to.

Heather Innusa said...

I'm going to guess Japan as well. And thank u so much for all the rosette fun!!! I love sow pretty and fun these are!!

Kathy said...

m6y sister sells this tape from Iowa.

happytape.com

and

happytape.blogspot.com

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs