Friday, April 3, 2009

caribbean chicken

One thing I love about this time of year is that grilling season is fast approaching--although I must admit we have already grilled a few meals this year. I love having BBQs and I try to grill as much as possible in the spring and summer. Sometimes I get sick of the typical burgers and hot dogs, so I love finding other great recipes for steak, salmon, and chicken. This Caribbean chicken is one of our family's favorites. The combination of flavors in the marinade is so unique and along with the grill flavor, it is perfect! Besides that, it is E-A-S-Y to make...and we all love that!



Caribbean Chicken
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup honey
3 T. canola oil
6 green onions, sliced
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
3 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
6 chicken breast halves

Put all ingredients except chicken in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Pour 1/2 cup of marinade into a small bowl for basting. Cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large zip top bag and add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Discard marinade and grill chicken over medium heat for about 6-7 minutes on each side (depending on the size of your chicken breast) or until no longer pink in center. Baste with reserved marinade while grilling.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
8 Comments

8 Responses to “caribbean chicken”

Alisha said...

yum, that looks good. The cupcakes do too!

Laura said...

Yum We grill a few nights a week. I think we would grill every night if work schedules allowed it. lol We will give your chicken a try. Thanks!

Carrie said...

Yum Yum.
We grill out A LOT! Even in the winter. It is just great flavor to me.
I love caribbean chicken. You should try it mixed with fetuccini pasta and alfredo sauce. HEAVENLY!!!

Michelle said...

One of the things I must have in my pantry at all times during grilling season is a few bottles of Caesar dressing - the oily kind, not the creamy based dressing. It makes an easy, excellent, tasty marinade for steaks, chicken, shrimp, salmon, and pork chops.

I love to BBQ, too! I've been out there in eery kind of weather...kinda like the mailman. :)

Shannon said...

Yummy! Looks delicous. I will have to try this out.

mandy said...

Thanks for posting this-- I lost the copy you gave me! Can't wait for it to dry out a little so I can fire up the grill!

mommy4life said...

Yummy! I might have to give this a try soon...

Kelly O. said...

Hi there,
didn't know if this would interest you or your readers but chaletgirl is having a vintage sheet swap. yOu can check it out here

http://chaletgirl.wordpress.com/2009/03/27/vintage-sheet-swap/

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs