Sunday, August 17, 2008

peach cobbler recipe -- my canning safety net




We got our bulk peach order this week and it's canning time! (If I don't eat them all first--they're so good fresh!) I'd say my first attempt at canning peaches was fair, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to reprocess a few bottles tomorrow. Or, I could always just use them now for Jess's peach cobbler recipe!


Peach Cobbler


Cream together:

1 cup soft margarine

1 cup sugar

2 cups flour

4 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt


Add:

1 cup milk


Beat until smooth. Pour into bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan. Put 1 large can of peaches or 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches (more or less can be used according to your taste) on top of batter. Save the juice left in bottom of can. Add enough hot water to make 2 cups liquid. Pour over cake. DO NOT MIX. The juice should just be sitting on top of the cake and peaches. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes until top is golden brown and set. Serve alone or a la mode. YUM!



share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
1 Comment

One Response to “peach cobbler recipe -- my canning safety net”

mandy said...

I threw a bunch of fresh blackberries on top among the peaches. Whoa! So good! Thanks for the EASY recipe!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs