Friday, November 19, 2010

pumpkin muffin recipe {that will change your life}

Seriously, that's what the recipe says. "Note: These will change your life." Of course I had to find out for myself if it was true. It is. They're everything that's warm and delicious about fall all wrapped up in one beautiful muffin.

On a side note, I found this recipe in a book called Peacocks On My Porch, which is the collaboration of a group of "cycling widows" who hang out and cook while their husbands are out on their bikes. My mother-in-law gave me the book for Christmas one year, and there are still a few left for sale--check out ordering info here. You can find great recipes from one of the main contributors, Megan Bradley, on her blog: Confessions of A Bake-A-Holic. It is fabulous!

Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins Recipe


Muffins
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. pumpkin
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and coriander in a bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, mix eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla. Mix well. Mix in dry ingredients, stirring until moist.

Filling
6 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
1 Tbsp. sugar

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add egg and sugar. Beat until well mixed.

Topping
3/4 c. coconut
1/2 c. finely chopped pecans
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Combine all topping ingredients together. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups (about half full). Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling on top. Fill muffin cups with remaining batter (it will come up to the top). Spread batter to edges of cups. Sprinkle generously with topping.


Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Yields 12 muffins.

Note: These will change your life.


These turned out so pretty that I wrapped them up on a cake platter for a friend's birthday. Is anyone else having a birthday soon? I need another reason to make these!


We've got more fall recipes coming up in the next few days (including my famous Thanksgiving Yums). You will want to come back for those. Let the feasting begin.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
33 Comments

33 Responses to “pumpkin muffin recipe {that will change your life}”

PaisleyJade said...

Loving the change your life bit - now I'm going to have to try them!!

Michelle said...

Does it call for pumpkin pie filling or pumpkin puree? They look great!!

Ashley said...

These look Fab!! Can't wait to try them out!:)

NoraAnne said...

YUM! These sound delicious, I think I will make them this weekend!

Lisa said...

Well now you're making it very hard for me not to try them! : ) They sound amazing!

Pink Princess said...

I would almost LIE and say YES it is my birthday soon lol....but it isn't :(

They look SO good, I might try these this weekend if I can find the right ingredients :)

Hugs from Marian from the Netherlands

My Daily Creation said...

Wow! Those look amazing. I am ready to have my life changed by these muffins!

Teri said...

Oooooh, these look super yummy! I may just have to try these this weekend!

Amanda said...

Oh my. I MUST make these! Thank you for the recipie.

-Amanda

www.adventuresinansleyland.blogspot.com

christina said...

oh they look fabulous, off to make some right now, thanks!! i'll let you know what i think:)

Heather said...

Ooh these sound and look delicious! Can't wait to try them! Thanks for the recipe! :)

CBB said...

They look so so good... And I am trying to begin a diet :-( I think I gave up... wrong time to start a diet. Time to make these muffins!

Danelle said...

YUM! This looks like such a great recipe. Cute pictures. and I love how you wrapped them up with a cake stand! What an awesome idea :)

christina said...

they are deeeelish!!! I was a little worried while adding the cream cheese mixture in the middle because I thought it would burn on the side of the pans, but nope. They came out great!! I think I will try the cream cheese and the topping with some carrot cake and morning glory muffins too! I doubled my batch and Im bringing some to my sil in the morning. Ever better, I had some left over pumpkin puree so I threw it in the freezer for the babies food. THANKS!

goatesgirl said...

I have been obsessed with the pumpkin cheesecake muffins at tarbucks lately so I definately have to try these

mille said...

It sounds delicious! But I'm from Norway where the use of pumpkin isn't all that common - and wonders the same as Michelle - what "shape" does the pumpkin that you mix in have? Thanks - looking forward to trying it :)

Unknown said...

Yum! This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it!! You didn't have in their how much cinnamon to use for the batter...? 1/2 tsp?

Leanne said...

yummy! anything cream cheese and pumpkin get my vote.

Honey said...

in the instructions it say cinammon...but cinammon isn't listed in the ingredients...can you tell me how much....thanks, can't wait to try these...patti b.

Cassie said...

Love a good pumpkin recipe! And that side note has totally got me curious! Yum!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

It's canned pumpkin, which would be puree, not pumpkin pie filling. :)I use Libby's. I'm sure you could make your own out of a sugar pie pumpkin if you were so inclined (or if you can't get the canned stuff outside the US!).

American Homemaker said...

I love how they look all wrapped up! Adorable!

Unknown said...

In the directions for the muffins, you say to "Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and coriander in a blow." But you don't specify in the ingredient list how much cinnamon. I can't wait to try the recipe but will you tell us just how much cinnamon we should use?

Unknown said...

Those look FABULOUS and what a pretty gift!

Melynie said...

What a lucky friend!!!

Maggie and Sheepie said...

You mention cinnamon in the beginning of the directions, but there is no cinnamon in the ingredient list.

whatsmypath said...

I saw these and had to make them!!!They are fantastic. I was a little worried that I was putting too much cream cheese filling in and after baking found out it was not enough!!! I have to make them again with more filling. Poor me.
Question about the recipe. In the ingredient list there is no mention of cinnamon yet in the directions it states to add cinnamon. How much cinnamon. Also in the directions it says to put it in a blow not a bowl. lol
Thanks so much for this recipe, this is a keeper!!!!!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

So glad you're all loving these like I do! Sorry about the cinnamon omission--that is terrible! The cinnamon really makes them! I just went back and added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the post. Thanks for the heads up!

TheFlammfam said...

Where did you get that oh so cute cake platter?

sara_van_gieson@hotmail.com

Michelle H said...

Fantastic! I could only eat a quarter before I had to push it away. Thanks for sharing!

Sus said...

I saw these today and am making them for a breakfast get together this week. Glad I read the comments so I know about the cinnamon.
I was at Fred Meyer tonight and Hershey's has cinnamon chips!?! I bought a bag because (even though I haven't tried the muffins yet) I thought they might go really well. I'm excited to try - thanks for posting the recipe!

Drea said...

These look amazing!

Unknown said...

I wish I had some cream cheese!! I want to make these sooo bad now lol

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs