Wednesday, November 24, 2010

forget black friday - this year it's small business saturday!


Thanks to American Express for sponsoring my post today about small businesses. American Express is presenting Small Business Saturday, a way to honor the local merchants who are the backbone of the economy, this Saturday, November 27. They're offering statement credits to people who shop at small businesses, advertising for small-business owners, and donations to Girls Inc. for "Likes" of the Small Business Saturday page on Facebook. Join the celebration by clicking the "Like" button and then visiting the Facebook page to learn more about the program and read the terms and conditions that apply.

I learned a lot about how small businesses affect communities when my local scrapbook store, of which I was an employee, closed this summer. I was so surprised to see how some customers made the store their home, how they connected with the employees, and how devastated they were to see it go. Small businesses truly are the lifeblood of our communities! That's why I'm so thrilled that this Saturday American Express is honoring the small businesses that bring so much to local economies. And that's why I want to tell you about one of my favorite local businesses.


I stumbled upon it while antique shopping in the quaint town of Snohomish with my in-laws several years ago. I felt like I had discovered a precious stone--that's how amazing this store is. The shop is called Joyworks, and it is a little bit vintage, a little bit handmade, and all style. Home decor, gifts, and clothing and accessories that really make you feel special. Because they're different, they're chic, and you can't get them just anywhere. And a lot of that is because the owner, Jana, has such great taste! She and her staff really know how to pull different items together to not only give you great decorating ideas, but to make you need them. It's a little bit mean, really. I want it all!




Did I mention I need this jacket?


If you're in the Seattle-Everett area, you really need to check out Joyworks. I guarantee you'll find great Christmas gifts, neighbor gifts, and holiday party-wear. If you're not as lucky as us to be so near this amazing shop, please spend some time patronizing your local small businesses this holiday season, and especially on Saturday, November 27. Because they're working hard to get our economies back on track. And be sure to "Like" Small Business Saturday on Facebook to help support local stores across the country! You could win a statement credit on your AMEX!


I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.





Small Business Saturday




share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
5 Comments

5 Responses to “forget black friday - this year it's small business saturday!”

Pink Princess said...

LOVE the pink jacket too :)

Rachel said...

Yes, the pink jacket is AWESOME! Too bad I'm so far away from Washington!

Karen Kay said...

I could totally hang out all day at Joyworks.

Jana Johnson Label said...

Thank you so much for the very nice post on Joyworks.
I'll add your blog to my side bar.
Say "Hi" the next time you come in.
Jana

Unknown said...

funny.. you must be a neighbor. we are in snohomish and i am very familiar with joyworks.. we are so luncky to have a waonderful downtown like this.. stop buy the snohomish bakery and enjoy an pear crescent :) yum

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs