Monday, February 8, 2010

our first-ever blog party

What do you get when you take 40 local crafters, a table full of yummy treats, and a fun craft project? Well a Little Birdie Secrets blog party, of course! We had SO much fun at our party last week. Thank you to all those who joined us! It was great to meet so many of our readers and get crafty with them in person. If you missed it, don't worry! We will definitely be doing this again soon.



Amanda and her friends joined us all the way from Ventura, CA!


What a fun girls night out!


Our friend Kayleen manned the sign-in table. What a sweetie!


And then there was the food. . .


Stacy made these cupcakes and frosted them with a non-dairy frosting mix. It was light and airy, so you could still enjoy the cupcake. So yummy!


Sometimes we cheat. These cream puffs are from Costco. But they're delicious and look so pretty with a few strawberries.


I got the idea for these brownie bites from Betty Crocker. Make a pan (or two) of brownies (fudge style, not cake-like), let them cool, and cut them out with a heart cookie cutter. Then melt a scoop of chocolate frosting in the microwave for about 10 seconds (or less--don't let it boil). Spoon it over the hearts. I had mine laid out on wax paper to help with clean-up. Before the frosting sets, add sprinkles. For the pink drizzle, I mixed some red food coloring into some vanilla frosting and warmed it like the chocolate frosting, then drizzled it over with a spoon. Easy-peasy!


We had lots of requests for the punch recipe, so here you go. This is great for parties or showers, but you can also half it for a smaller get together. There are several variations on this recipe, but this is my fave.

Wonderful Punch

1-12 oz. can frozen orange juice
1-12 oz. can frozen lemonade
3 c. sugar
4 c. water
2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. almond extract
2-2 liter bottles of lemon-lime soda

Mix all ingredients except soda in a large punch bowl. Stir until frozen juices are melted and sugar is dissolved. Slowly add soda (it will fizz). Serve cold.



Thank you to Lasting Memories for hosting our fun night. Jennifer was so generous to let us take over the store, and Kim and Annette worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed. And thank you again to all of you who joined us--we love our new friends!

Love, Jessica, Mandy, & Stacy

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
20 Comments

20 Responses to “our first-ever blog party”

Genevieve said...

looks fun! i'm curious about the brownie hearts... so cute! so after the chocolate sets, would they be able to be put on a lollipop stick? or do you think they wouldn't hold up? thanks! love the blog.

genevievecurtis at gmail dot com

Traci said...

I had so much fun! It was wonderful meeting you and crafting with new friends. I look forward to the next event!

My Trendy Tykes said...

It looks like a fun time!

The Old White Barn said...

This looks like so much fun! Wish you were in Texas....
Susan

Brianne said...

Thanks for the fun party!

Stacy, I talked to you about the Birdie Sling at the party. Here is the link to my blog post where I talk about making it, maybe it will help: http://briannestephens.blogspot.com/2009/06/birdie-sling.html

Amy said...

I L-O-V-E Costco cream puffs!!! :)

Julie said...

Oh how fun! I bet it was a blast!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Looks like so much fun! The food spread looked so yummy! :)

Patricia said...

looks like a blast!!!
love the cream puffs and thanks for the recipe for the punch it looks so yummy!

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

Oh my goodness! Those brownie bites look fabulous! Yummers! Looks like you had a great time!

Ann On and On... said...

I'm jealous! I wish I could have gone.

Ashley said...

I had a lot of fun and I really hope you do another one soon! Thanks for the punch recipe, it really was delicious and I will be making it for my next party for SURE!

Shortcake and Company said...

Mandy!! That looks like so much fun! You need to plan one in Utah...I'd come for sure.

You look beautiful, by the way.

Skinny Minnie said...

Looks like SO much fun.
PS That's my friend Amanda!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That looks like so much fun! You girls are awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea. It looks like a huge hit! Congratulations!

Sprytebyrd said...

Looks like so much fun! I sure hope I can make it across the mountains next time you throw a get together! :)
Dee

Adorned with Lace said...

hey there! I just wanted to say I adore your blog and wanted to give you the sunshine blog award. Have a great day:)

http://adornedwithlace.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunshine-blog-award.html

Atticelf said...

Sounds like it was a great time (and I am SO making those little brownie-lettes!). Looking forward to making it to the next one!

Amanda said...

The blog party was so much fun! thanks for hosting!!! I just posted about the party! crabnormal.blogspot.com

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs