Friday, February 26, 2010

chocolate adventure


We love parties and we love chocolate so we decided to combine the two and throw a chocolate party. This was a perfect excuse to make some chocolate recipes we've been bookmarking. We gathered some dear friends and asked them to bring their favorite chocolate dish/dessert and planned a major chocolate feast. It was a fun and filling way to get creative on a Saturday afternoon.


To help kick off the chocolate party, we all took a tour of our local Theo Chocolate factory. Have you heard of them? Well, if not you are in for a yummy surprise. Theo makes the most delish chocolate concoctions. With flavors like Chai Chocolate, Coconut Curry Chocolate, Bread and Butter Chocolate, etc. Theo Chocolates never ceases to amaze us--and tickle our taste buds!

We learned how they made their chocolate and got to taste test all along the way.

Here are bins and bins of cacao nibs. This is chocolate in its purest form just waiting to be roasted in the big roaster. A little too bitter for our tastes but the healthiest form of cacao. These little nibs are stuffed full of antioxidants. We like it much more after TONS of sugar is added.


Aren't we cute? We had to wear them because hair in your chocolate-yuck! Also, for all you gardeners out there in the Seattle area--Theo's sells their cacao shells for your garden. It is a nice organic way to deter slugs and snails. Just note that it is not recommended for households with dogs. It can make them sick!


After our eye opening tour we were so full, but we had to head back to our party destination to devour all the yummy chocolate treats we created. Cupcakes and doughnuts and candies, Oh My! Was it ever a feast!


I made these Life By Chocolate Cupcakes from The Pioneer Woman. They were delicious and a huge hit!

Got one, two or ten chocolate recipes you've been dying to try out? We definitely recommend throwing your own chocolate dinner party.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
18 Comments

18 Responses to “chocolate adventure”

Atticelf said...

Isn't their tour great?!? I took the kids there on a non-school day and we really enjoyed it. It's good to know that while you're indulging in a little chocolatey goodness you're helping small, organic farmers too. Like I need an excuse... ;)

Birgit said...

Okay -- now I am hungry for chocolate... I wonder why?! ;)

-- Birgit

Teresa aka Tess said...

what a wonderful idea..... i would love to tour a chocolate factory. Mmmm, I'd gain ten poinds just standing outside the door and sniffing the air. HHHH, oh but it would be so worth it!!

testing 1 said...

A few years ago, I also took the kids on the tour and loved it, but for some reason my then 3 year old thought the fireplace was the coolest part! :)

veggievixen said...

i like the idea of a chocolate party. i've pretty much been making nothing but chocolate cookies with lots and lots of chocolate chips and fudgy brownies for the past month...i can't get enough!

Paparazzimommy_Dayna said...

this did NOT help my midnight craving for chocolate!!! ugh..thanks.

and I will second the idea of not using the stuff for your gardens if you have dogs at home. I lost mine to a chocolate incident. It is awful. :-( (sorry to be a downer, but it's now my crusade!)

jamie said...

i feel famous being pictured on the blog! you ladies are amazingly talented.

Kristin Dyer said...

Looks like fun, my husband and I live in Puyallup and we have wanted to tour Theo's for a long time. We are going to have to go there for a fun date. Thanks for the great idea.

Reese said...

I'm fasting chocolate and this post is making my mouth water, HAHA. Looks like a fun tour! I love the chocolate party idea too!

Kate said...

You have been awarded the Kreative Blog Award by Oddible Sublime. http://oddiblesublime.blogspot.com
We love your blog and appreciate so much all the work you put into it.

Girly Girl Essentials said...

oh...those look divine!

Javacurls said...

I just love the idea of throwing a Chocolate theme party! The only difficult part is choosing a recipe. lol! Thanks for the idea!

Brandy @ The Moody Fashionista said...

Mmmm chocolate! How fun!

Sharing some blog love! I've nominated you for the Sunshine Blog Award! You can pick it up here - http:/themoodyfashionista.blogspot.com

-Sydney- said...

What, no oompa loompas and chocolate rivers? I've been deceived!

Looks divine, and I would have had a hard time not eating all those little cacao nibblets. I love dark chocolate!!!

Carrie Garvin said...

Wow---chocolate--now I'm hungry for some. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy! You make me want to have cake for breakfast. ha ha!

bows and more said...

That looks like such a yummy tour! I just wanted to say hi! I love your blog! You have so many fun and unique ideas. I also was wondering if you could post a contest I am doing here on your blog. Will you email me if you are interested. Thanks so much! Kelsi ekackley@hotmail.com

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

How fun! I printed off this recipe from PW, but I haven't made them yet. Yours look delish!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs