Sunday, February 7, 2010

child's sofa chair pattern


Looking for a fun Spring sewing project?

Check out this adorable pattern from Abbiesolutely. This talented gal has figured out how to make your own child's sofa chair similar to the ones found at the Pottery Barn Kids or other speciality kid retailers. Amazing!

Can't you just imagine a color coordinating one for your child's room? Don't have children? Well, I am sure a neighbor or your local preschool or church would love to have one of these for reading time. There is always a good reason to sew-right? This is definitely on our "to do" list. Show Abbie some love and check out her store.


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “child's sofa chair pattern”

Emilie said...

Do you have a special place to get the foam that is less expensive? That pattern is awesome, but the savings in doing it myself is not that much, if at all, with the high density foam I've priced.

Karen said...

Oh how cute! I'd love to learn how to make a custom one for my kidlets (even though I'm still learning to sew right now)....I'm off to check out her blog now! :>

Abbie said...

Hello, this is the creator of the chair pattern. I have always bought the foam at JoAnn's when it goes on sale at 50% off. It is still not cheap, but much more affordable. In looking at the Pottery Barn website, the slipcovers are $50 and the foam inserts are $70. You can easily make a chair for a fraction of that price.

mommy4life said...

nice idea, although I agree the price of foam may not make it worth doing yourself.

Cindy said...

Emilie, I think the same, I have priced the foam also, it is really not a savings. However, it can be customized to fit any decor. Cute idea, though.

MommyAnna said...

JoAnn's is having a sale on their foam Friday the 12 - 15th of Feb. 50% off

Abbie said...

Hello, this is Abbie again, the creator of the pattern. With the sale on foam at JoAnn's this weekend, plus if you use your coupon for 10% off your total purchase, you can get the foam for $45. The total cost will be a little more (depending on your choice of fabric and the few other supplies), but making a chair can be much cheaper than the $120 chairs from Pottery Barn.

Chelsea said...

I made one using foam that I recycled from a crib mattress I got at the thrift store for $10 (thrift stores can't legally sell mattresses so it is a donation= tax deductable, so free!)

muchomalgato said...

@ Chelsea, I'm very interested in how you got the foam. Most crib mattresses have that plastic-ey lining on them... did you just gut the mattress for the foam and then cut it to size?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs