Saturday, January 22, 2011

chili con queso dip recipe {it's superbowl party time!}

We had this appetizer on Christmas a couple of years ago and I fell in love. It was so delicious, I could hardly stop thinking about it until I got the recipe from our friends and made some more! It's now our go-to appetizer for holidays, football game parties, or Saturday nights. Not only because it's mouth-watering, but because it's so cheap and EASY!

Queso Dip Recipe

Ingredients:
1 can regular chili (just beans, not meat--we like Nalley's or Hormel)
1 can jalepeno chili (same brand)
1 8 oz. block cream cheese (use the full-fat stuff--it's worth it!)

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until cheese is melted and combined well with the chili. Serve warm with tortilla chips.


We usually transfer the dip to a mini crockpot to keep it warm (I seriously went out and bought one of these JUST for this dip).

In case you're looking for other great Superbowl Sunday recipes, here are links to a few more that we love!

Cowboy Caviar



Sweet Chex Mix


Veggie Dip


Sloppy Joe Turnovers


Egg Rolls


MORE GAME DAY RECIPES: Bacon Wrapped Sausages, Super Bean Dip, Hot Artichoke Dip, & Game Winning Meatballs

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
8 Comments

8 Responses to “chili con queso dip recipe {it's superbowl party time!}”

Carolyn said...

These are my kind of eats! They all look delicious. I chuckled when you said you bought the crock just for that dip because I did the same thing over Christmas for my buffalo chicken dip. Happy eating!

Erin said...

Yum. Why is this new to me? I needed this in my life yesterday.

Denise said...

Thanks for the great recipes! I'm hosting Bunco next week and these will be perfect!

Unknown said...

my mom used to make a dip with one can of Stagg Chili with the steak, and one brick of cream cheese. It was SO amazing, oh yum I could eat the whole thing myself and RIGHT NOW. (and i do NOT like chili, which probably makes me a freak of nature.) Sadly, they stopped selling that kind of chili where I am! I don't know if they sell it elsewhere, but I sure do miss that dip.

Tiffany said...

I made the sweet chex mix today - YUM!! Everyone loves it - and it might not make it into an airtight container! :D

Ashley said...

ohhhhh my gosh. my husband is gonna be HAPPY :)

Lisa said...

My husband is already planning his menu for the big day! I know he'll love this so I'll pass it along! Those turnovers look amazing too

Simple Daisy said...

Yum Yum!!! That looks delicious:)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs