Friday, January 28, 2011

homemade box of chocolates



I love chocolate. Every year when Valentine's Day comes around I get excited to see all the chocolate that permeates the aisles at the store. There are so many boxes of chocolate, but I often find that unless you spend a large sum of money to get the good stuff, most of the heart shaped boxes just don't satisfy. You don't get much bang for your buck. This year I thought I would make a few of my own mini boxes of chocolate to give to some friends.

The process was really simple, and much cheaper than buying a box of chocolate. First, find yourself a box and some decorative paper you love.


Next cut a piece of paper that is big enough to fit your box. I picked two papers. One for my box and one for the lid. I then cut slits at each of the four corners so you can easily fold the paper up to glue one side at a time. Use a brush to apply mod podge to the sides of the box.


Pull the paper up and press it on the side of the box to cover it completely. Smooth any bubbles out. Repeat the process until every side is covered, trimming any excess paper as needed. Follow the same process to cover your lid.


I filled my box with my favorite chocolates. Oreo balls! They are so delicious and easy to make. I am not promising any health benefits, however. You can find the recipe at the bottom of a past post HERE.


Tie on a pretty ribbon and you are finished! A pretty, delicious, homemade box of chocolates for you to surprise someone with (it can even be for yourself, I won't tell!).

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
15 Comments

15 Responses to “homemade box of chocolates”

TeenaBugg38 said...

I love that idea!!! I'd make a few of those but the chocolate doesn't stay around long enough to be packaged....odd :)

Momma said...

Cute! Where did you get all of that pretty paper? I love it!!!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

It's a pack of paper from Stampin' Up! I love it too :)

Heidi said...

This is beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

Nikki @ Saving For A Rainy Day said...

These are beautiful! We are celebrating our children's dedication at church Valentines weekend. These would make perfect little favors for our guests.

meemsnyc said...

What a pretty idea!

Kelly L said...

Perfect!

Love to you
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

Unknown said...

Yay thanks!
I think I will be making lots of these for my friends!
thanks so much for the sweet idea,

Ashley said...

yessss i love mod podge. love this!

Kiki Fangupo said...

LOVE it!! and thanks for the link to the oreo balls... they look soooooo scrumptious!!!

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

guauuuuuuuuuu
que bonitaaaaaaaaaaaaa
me encanta!!
cariƱos
c@

Kristen said...

That's so beautiful! I'd love to get one of those from my sweetie. :)

Denise said...

Great idea that is cheap to make and just beautiful! Hobby Lobby often has the paper mache boxes on sale 1/2 price. I love to use them for all types gift boxes. I have a stash I think I will decorate and fill with cake balls...my other new favorite thing!

Mindy said...

OOhhh! I KNEW it was the Stampin' Up! Love Letter Designer Series Paper! {I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator} I recognized it right away! Beautiful box! I love that paper, it's one of my favs. Thanks for the sweet idea!

Please Note said...

I love this idea! I can never find cute enough boxes worthy of my homemade candy... I guess I'll just have to start making my own!

Thank you!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs