Thursday, January 13, 2011

altered window message board {tutorial}

Since I am seriously organizationally-challenged, I try really hard each new year to work on getting myself to clean up and declutter. And it's hard. But it's a little more fun when I can craft something to get organized! I created this message board to keep all the clutter off my fridge--wedding invitations, baby announcements, cute pics. Now they are enjoyed in the hallway while we hang up our coats. It's so fabulous. And super easy!


This vintage window frame originally had glass panes (similar to this one) and was going to serve a difference purpose, but while I was inside getting painters tape to tape off the glass before painting it, my little one decided to prance on the glass (or should I say through the glass?). I'm just thankful he had shoes on. It didn't turn out to be the worst thing in the world--I love this bulletin board more than my first idea!

Catch the full tutorial over at Make and Takes where we're guest posting today and get organized!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
7 Comments

7 Responses to “altered window message board {tutorial}”

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

This is gorgeous! What a briliant idea! Great job :)
hugs, margie

Jennifer Interiors said...

This is adorable. I love that you put it where all of your papers/invitations/announcements can be enjoyed by the family, and why not when it is such a cute piece of art in and of it's self? Very cute indeed. I'd like to do one for my daughter's room to place on the hutch part of her desk. thanks for the great idea! :)

Christina said...

oh this is lovely! I love the fabric and color combos!

the gathering girls said...

That is so beautiful!

Connie said...

very impressive repurpose job! i love that it also has hooks for a multipurpose message board. wish i could find something that cute at an antiques shop!

Denise said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Jacqueline Arabelle said...

I'm organized challenged too! I like your ideas and your blog.
Jacqueline.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs