Friday, July 3, 2009

raw vegetable dip



I know last week I gave you a recipe for apple dip, but I couldn't resist sharing another dip with you this week. We have been BBQing a lot lately and I love a good dip to go with my grilled meal. I may be biased since I grew up on this recipe, but this raw vegetable dip is my absolute favorite veggie dip. I have never found another that compares to it. It tastes great with just about any veggie, so pick your favorite assortment. This recipe would be perfect to try with all your friends for your fourth of July bash!

Raw Vegetable Dip

1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon onion flakes
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dillweed
1 tablespoon bon appetit

Mix together and refrigerate a few hours before serving. You can make it and serve right away, but it is better if it sits for a few hours so all of the flavors can come together.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
6 Comments

6 Responses to “raw vegetable dip”

Wren said...

I just made some of this tonight for tomorrow's barbeque. Except I used Lawrey's Seasoned Salt.

Good stuff!!

Becky said...

I make something really similar to this - my recipe also has garlic in it, and I only use sour cream, no mayo. Mmm, so good!

outdoorgriller said...

Having vegetables every time you have grilled foods is good. I enjoy having them and if you would like to see the collection of tips and recipes I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

KatieJ said...

sounds yum, I will have to try it, thanks for sharing!

jesseeb said...

Can I just ask you what "bon apetit" is?? This recipe sounds great, but I am not familiar with that...

Little Birdie Secrets said...

bon appetit is a spice. It can be found with all the bottles of spices in most grocery stores.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs