Tissue Flower Puff TutorialThis video originally appeared on the Lasting Memories store web site when I worked there. Now that the store is closed, I figured we needed it here for future reference! Enjoy the video, or scroll down for the step-by-step tutorial.
Tissue Flower Puff Tutorial
*10 rectangular sheets tissue paper (our mini flowers started with 10" x 8" sheets)
*5-6" length of fishing line, wire, string, or ribbon (longer if you want to hang it)
1. Lay out your stack of sheets and start folding accordion-style. Fold the entire length of your sheets, like a fan. The width of your folds will change the look a little, so experiment. Our folds were about 1" wide for the mini puffs.
2. Using scissors, round the two short ends of your folded sheets. Or, try cutting a sharp point or inverted v-shape for a different look.
3. Tie your fishing line around the center of your fan tightly. Leave a long end if you want to hang your puff.
4. Start "puffing" your flower by separating your tissue sheets.
5. Continue until your flower is nice and round. Leave one side flat if you want to use it to top a gift.
6. Another great idea--string a series of puff ball flowers into a cute garland! I simply stapled my puffs onto a piece of ribbon. Easy peasy!
You can make these in bigger sizes--just start with bigger pieces of tissue paper. These are gorgeous for baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, and more!
share this on »