Monday, July 12, 2010

custom keep out signs (using the silhouette)

Okay, more Silhouette vinyl inspiration today. I just can't help myself. This stuff is so fun!

My boys have been making homemade "keep out" signs for their bedroom door for a while. They eventually get trashed from all the door slamming that goes on around here, and then my 6-year-old gets mad. So I told them I'd make them one that would really stay put. (No, the hubby wasn't too happy with this, but I told him it was better than all the tape they were using on their own signs!)

I let them choose the wording and pick out the image. They thought the spider was scary enough to make girls think twice before entering. But they wanted to make sure I knew that even though I am a girl, I'm allowed in their room, so we added that little bit (I love that they're little enough to still like me!). They actually ended up with a list of a few more girls who could come in, but I told them they'd just have to get a bouncer to hold that list--it's not going on the door.


You only have a few more days to enter our Silhouette giveaway! Your house, too, could be covered in vinyl very soon!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
13 Comments

13 Responses to “custom keep out signs (using the silhouette)”

Cheri said...

Super cute sign!!!

Scrapthat said...

Your sign is cute and the thoughtfulness of your boys is sweet!

Party of 5 said...

LOVE THIS! My son's are always making signs too. I'd love to make a football one for my oldest. His room is all about the Packers.

ificould said...

Great idea~ can't wait to copy it when my boys get a little older and are all into making the No Girls Allowed signs!

Unknown said...

wow - awesome. i hope to win - must make banner/invites/labels/tickets/etc. for my baby's 1st birthday - dohl party :)

What I Did Today said...

Oh my goodness. That spider is ick! But the whole sign is really cute. No wait. Boy signs aren't "cute." It's AWESOME!

http://spontaneousday.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

This is what we'd use it for too! I like the way your sign came out.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog looking for sewing patterns (I just got a new machine!!) and I love your projects. I want to try to make my own home decor from now on :). I'm also a middle school teacher and this silhouette machine looks so awesome. I could so use it decorate the classroom!! I can't wait to see the rest of your projects!!!

Kiki Fangupo said...

I love that!! I have 3 boys in my home and they would love something like that!

Michelle B said...

I love it! My little girl is 3 years old and is just starting school next month. I would love to do something similar for her when she gets older :)

Michelle said...

That is CUTE -- my boys would love it!

rose said...

I have a Cri cut is that like the silhouette machine?

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Rose, the cricut is similar to the silhouette, except the silhouette is all digital software on your computer and can print directly. So there are no cartridges or anything.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs