Friday, October 22, 2010

quick and easy baby quilt

My new nephew arrived yesterday and I am just dying to see, smell, and kiss him. I shipped off his quilt and other baby goodies (like this hat) today, but since his Mama is still recovering in the hospital, I think it's fairly safe to post pictures here without ruining the surprise. :)


This quilt is seriously quick and easy. I found the pattern over at my favorite quilting blog - Cluck, Cluck, Sew! She has taste, talent, and a fabric stash to die for. And I love every one of her patterns. I had some of the same fabrics she used on her version (called The Road Trip Quilt), and I needed quick and easy, so I decided to go for it.


I hate the cutting step in quilting--I'm not very good at it and it takes forever! But this quilt is super quick to cut. What I was most impressed with was how quickly I was able to lay it out. Usually I am moving fabrics around for at least an hour before getting it just right. This one came together without moving one block. Not one. Part of it may be that I had a good variety of fabrics (different size prints and colors), but really, I just think this is an incredibly easy pattern. Thank you Cluck, Cluck, Sew! (Be sure to stop by and tell Allison 'hi' from us!)

The fabric comes from two lines: Wheels and All Star by Riley Blake Designs. This is my new favorite quilting fabric company. They do a lot of My Mind's Eye designs (one of my favorite scrapbooking companies!). If you can't find any of these specific lines left anywhere, check out the new All Star 2 line--it is similar to All Star and completely cool. It is on my wish list for the next baby boy quilt I do.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “quick and easy baby quilt”

Nilgün Komar said...

very cute

Deer Little Fawn said...

That quilt is excellent! Well done! And congratulations on your new nephew, How exiting! Have a lovely weekend. :)
xBeth

Deer Little Fawn said...

That quilt is excellent! Well done! And congratulations on your new nephew, How exiting! Have a lovely weekend. :)
xBeth

kara said...

<3 Cluck Cluck Sew! Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

This is darling. I love Riley Blake too. And Cluck,Cluck,Sew is amazing! But so are you guys!

Unknown said...

darling! adding it to my quilt favorites for when i finally get the nerve to try one ;)

Jessica said...

Adorable! I am becoming a huge fan of Riley Blake as well. I have some of the Wheels and some Rainy Days and Mondays. Total love.

Jessica said...

This is so fun! I love all the bright colors.

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

Stephanie Fazio (aka lealou) said...

Love this!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs