Friday, October 8, 2010

bakerella book signing

We are big fans of Bakerella as I am sure are many of you. Lucky for us, our friend Stacy found out there was going to be a book signing near us, so we planned a girls day out! We dropped the kiddos off to various sitters and headed to the mall. After picking up our books and numbers for the signing, we decided to have a seat and chow down on some delicious cupcakes. I mean, we were waiting to see Bakerella so it's fitting, right? Nothing better than a feast of cupcakes for lunch. We offered one to the sweet girl who we pegged with the task of snapping about 10 photos for us. She politely declined. She must have more will power than us.



When the wait was finally over we got to hear a question and answer session from Bakerella. It was very interesting to hear her tips and tricks on getting her cake pops to turn out just right.


Then it was on to the book signing. Aren't we lucky? She sure is sweet and we sure admire her talents.


After the signing, Mandy was so excited that she went out and got the stuff to make these cute robot pops from the book for her son's class birthday treat the next day. They were a ton of work, but the kids went crazy for them! Thanks for helping us win mom-of-the-year awards, Bakerella!



This was one of my favorite girls outings of all time. Bakerella is headed to a bunch of other cities (Seattle was only her second stop), so check out her book signing tour schedule to see if she's coming to a Williams-Sonoma near you!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “bakerella book signing”

Cassie said...

So fun! What a great day. Those robot pops do look like a ton of work, but worth their cuteness!

Mandi said...

So strange! I was there too. I think I remember seeing you just a couple of people ahead of me. It was fun, wasn't it? I'm glad that she made her way up here.

-Sydney- said...

Those robot pops are adorable!!! I wish she'd done those a few weeks ago :)

Cat J B said...

Ooh, I've ordered a copy of this, has not arrived as yet. I would LOVE to get it signed, but Australia is a long way away :)

Cynthia said...

So lucky!

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness! I love these! Wish I would have known!I love, love, love the robot pops!

Brigitte said...

I was at that signing too--I thought her outfit looked familiar. :-) I just found your blog while looking up iron-on vinyl, and I live in the Seattle burbs. Thanks for the great tutorials! Do you guys ever have local meetups/crafting activities?

Kerry Jaclyn said...

Oh that cake looks so yummy!! All those kitkats.

http://iammomster.blogspot.com

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

looks like lots of fun! she's coming to my area in November & i'm planning on going!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs