Tuesday, March 30, 2010

french dresses paper garland



The lovely recipient of the butterfly quilt lives in one of the most beautiful cities in the world-Paris. So, I thought it would be fun to also make her a garland that she can use to announce to her friends and neighbors that the baby is here. A real fun "It's a Girl!" announcement--in a sophisticated French style. Here's what I came up with--beautiful French dresses on a satin ribbon. This simple garland would look perfect hanging on a chic Parisian door. (Well, at least I think so.)



I just used some white chipboard that came as packing material in a box. I hand sketched the dresses and then cut them out. I then traced the chipboard dresses onto coordinating cardstock. After the dresses where all cut out and ready; I embellished with ribbon, buttons, and my sewing machine.



This garland was so fun to make and I was able to do it in one evening. I love how they turned out and I think I am going to have to make about 50 more. Ooh la la!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
29 Comments

29 Responses to “french dresses paper garland”

Pink Princess said...

Lovely OHHLALA ♥

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Ahh they are really cute and like you say it is lovely to have a project you can do quite quickly and get a fab end result!

kirsty said...

Ooh la la indeed! Tres jolie! Love them, such a good idea x

Anonymous said...

that is too cute!

Unknown said...

that is really cute!

jackie said...

Cute stuff!

LuckyStarErin said...

I love this!

elizabeth said...

Can you tell me what paper line you used?...I am dying for a turquoise and red nursery.

Little Birdie Secrets said...

The paper is "Be Loved" by My Minds Eye, LLC. Here is a link to one of their sheets: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/my-minds-eye-llc/87604-affectionate-flowers-be-loved-paper/

Julie S said...

I think you do! Tres magnifique!

Unknown said...

Oh I love these! I was thinking how cute it would be with a little dress shirt and knickers for a little boy! Adorable!

http://scrapsnstrings.blogspot.com

Sew It To Me said...

That is a greta idea-simple but darling!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I'm bookmarking this for future parties and bedroom decor for my daughter. The paper you used suits the theme perfectly too. I especially love that you added buttons to one of the dresses.

Ruth said...

The butterfly quilt is so precious and gorgeous. I love it. This garland is super cute.

I love the ribbon tutorial you did. What a great idea.

Ruth

Gr8Life said...

I LOVE your Blog you are so talented and creative. You must have an amazing brain!

elizabeth said...

Thank you! Thank you! I am bookmarking this!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

This is so lovely. Perfect in a sewing studio.

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

This is too stinking cute!!

Check out my awesome GIVEAWAY

~Morgan

Meet Virginia Crafts
Meet Virginia's Etsy Shop

Yours Truly said...

I love this project! Thanks for sharing!

Trudy

mmtncrfts said...

So cute! They would be so sweet as a garland in a sewing room!
Thanks for sharing.

mmtncrfts.blogspot.com

sallgood said...

Soooooo cute!

Michelle T. said...

do you mind share with the dress template that you design? :) Love how it turns out

sally said...

I love this. What a fun way to announce a baby.

Sherry said...

Beautiful garland! You've inspired me to make one too - thanks!

Jackie said...

I'd love to have your template too if you are willing to share.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

How cute is that?! What a refreshing, original idea!

Puwi said...

sweet idea... i love that cute dress :)

:happy easter::

Cr8tiv Stamps said...

that dress is divine. I would love the pattern as well.

Jeannie said...

You should consider selling your template for the dresses! I'd love a copy if you're "giving" them away, but I'd be willing to pay as well! Let me know! Just darling!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs