Wednesday, November 25, 2009

easy pumpkin bread wrapper




In case you're still looking for a good Thanksgiving hostess gift, I have one more. I made King Arthur Flour's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread last week and wanted to dress it up for a gift. This is a yummy recipe, but I strongly recommend adding 2 tsp. of cinnamon to the recipe. I made two batches of the bread, one with cinnamon and one without, and the difference was amazing. With the cinnamon it was heavenly. Anyway, this is not a recipe post--I'll let Jess handle that later this week.


First, did you see these mini loaf pans at Michael's for $1? So cute! But you don't need a cute loaf pan to do this. You could wrap it after removing it from your pan. After baking the bread and wrapping it with plastic wrap, I simply secured a 12" x 3" piece of patterned paper around the loaf. Then I tied a pretty ribbon around that. For the center I added a button. Thread one hole of a button with linen thread, pass it under the knot of the bow, then thread it back up through the other button hole and tie in a double knot. For some reason that button makes it look so much cuter, don't you think?

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
16 Comments

16 Responses to “easy pumpkin bread wrapper”

Rebecca said...

Now we just need your pumpkin bread recipe! :)

obladi oblada said...

That bread sounds amazing...cant wait for the recipe!

Unknown said...

I those little pumpkin breads (in the loaf pans) baking in my oven right now. :) I just picked up fall ribbon at Hobby Lobby yesterday for $0.20 (total bargain) so I have all the supplies on hand. Thanks for this. :) Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unique2wh0 said...

Yes! The button does make it cuter. Thanks for great idea :)

GRAÇA said...

Uma ideia muito gira,vou seguir-te
Bjs
Graça

Girl with the Curlz said...

These are adorable!! Thanks for the idea. I think I will try this for christmas gifts too. Happy Thanksgiving :-)

Sara said...

Wow. That's super cute AND easy! Love it!

Valerie said...

I am going out to buy those cute pans asap! Thanks for the heads up. The wrapping is to die for! I am definately filing this away at thecraftersfilebox.com.

Clements Family said...

That is just adorable...I need to rush off and buy those cute pans!

Joanne Brown said...

What a cute idea! The wrapping just MAKES the gift. Thanks for sharing :)

Ange said...

Such a great idea..and looks super cute too !

Jen said...

I wish I'd found your blog sooner! Love love love it!! thanks for the cutesy tutorials ever!

ohAmanda said...

Just what I was looking for, girlfriend! Thanks!

Patsy said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

meemsnyc said...

What a great idea! So pretty!

Kim K said...

Thank you for this darling idea. What a cute way to wrap up a little loaf!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs