Wednesday, June 3, 2009

make your own motivational poster for father's day

As I was pondering over what to get my hubby for Father’s Day, I came across a link to Big Huge Labs' Make Your Own Motivational Poster in my inbox. I had my Eureka! moment and quickly went to work on the perfect gift for my sweetie. A little something for him to take to the office.



Now, you may be wondering why I chose such a sassy gift. Well, if you knew my husband you would totally understand. He’s going to love this. He’s not one of those warm and fuzzy types. He’s the jokester or the tease. He gets crazy and loves it. This picture was actually taken during a ski outing with a friend (also a father). Yup, that’s my dear husband. He’s the one that found the perfect photo op—the large rock with the drop off in the back. Oh, and he couldn’t stand posing with his skis and smile either. He had to go all Superman.

I always grumble about how am I supposed to keep our children from killing themselves before they hit 13 if he does crazy things too? *gasp* I know, I know…I am such a killjoy. I’m so glad my hubby likes adventures. He’s such a great dad. He’s the one that takes them skiing every weekend or splashing through the icy cold river. I have to say I am a little less adventurous. My kids have a richer life because of their dad. He’s taught them to be brave, have fun, and enjoy life. He balances me out and I love that. So, I know a lot of you have tons of great pictures out there. Check out Big Huge Labs' free motivational poster maker. Make something fun for your man in your life. Make it sweet or sentimental or just plain silly. They’ll love it.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
19 Comments

19 Responses to “make your own motivational poster for father's day”

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Oh, that is great! I will definitely have to visit that website. My husband is a BIG fan of the "de-motivational" posters at www.despair.com and he would get such a kick out of it if I made him his own!!!

Pink Princess said...

THANK YOU!!!! For this wonderful link. I have just created my own poster, lol and it is SO pretty!!!!!!

Liz said...

That is HYSTERICAL!! Thanks for the good laugh! :)

Jen said...

What a great idea and super nice post about your husband. I'm trying to find the right photo now to do the same. It's hard to shop for Father's Day...but this is perfect!

Marianne said...

Let's face it...your boys never had a chance. :) But chances are good they'll survive into a fun adulthood, if they do follow their dad's lead!

Marianne said...

Let's face it, your boys never had a chance, and we all knew it. :) But, if they really do follow their dad's example, they'll survive into a fun adulthood! Love this idea!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is such a FUN idea, I love it! I'll be linking.

Christa said...

That is so my husband too. I swear between him and the three little boys we have, they take years off my life with their antics.

Atticelf said...

Love it! That is a great picture!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Ha ha, so funny. If only I was good at coming up with clever/snarky captions.

Sharlene said...

Awesome! I am all over this!

crazigirl80 said...

This is such a cute idea...what size do you recommend? Thanks!

Crafty P said...

so fun! I googled motivational posters and had quite a laugh at the image results!

kristib said...

I love your poster! I always think that it's a good thing my children have my husband for a dad...he's definitely the fun one around here. I tend to be more *ahem* level-headed? I think I'll make one and print it on a shirt...

zees5 said...

Thanks for the reminder - and that is hysterical. And I really like the luggage tutorial!

izazbz at yahoo dot com

Maryleigh said...

I love this idea! What a great Dad idea! I'll have each of my sons make one for Father's Day - maybe 2 each + 2 from me for a calendar!

Jess said...

Haha, this is awesome! Such a great idea!

Vone said...

Love it - great idea.

Jody said...

This is such a great idea!!! I just found your blog through the Crafty Crow and I have had so much fun looking around. I'll definately be back!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs