Friday, June 19, 2009

father's day recipes

Father's Day is right around the corner and what Dad doesn't love to be fed a good meal or treat? I know my homemade cookies are what won my husband over when we first started dating. Hook, line and sinker--I knew I had him. He knew he would be set with good meals for life if he married me! You have a couple of days to plan your Father's Day menu, so we thought we would offer up a few great ideas.

Martha Stewart has these adorable cupcakes featured on her site right now. You can get the recipe here.



She also has these corn on the cob cupcakes. Don't these look so real (and adorable)?



Martha also has a whole section of recipes that are perfect for father's day. A lot of them are recipes for the grill. How perfect! I know my man loves a good meal straight from the grill. You can also find many Father's Day meal ideas at Food Network.

Another adorable sweet treat is from Kraft Foods (they always have great stuff). They have a recipe for a "Hole-in-One Cake". Although my husband likes golf, it's not one of his major hobbies, but I think I could easily adapt this cake to be a "fisherman's cake". Here is another great cake that would go perfectly with our shirt and tie card.

So, take a few of these meal and dessert ideas and run with it! Or, you can always just whip up his favorite of your homemade meals. How about breakfast in bed? You can't go wrong with that. I am sure the Father in your life would be happy with any of these ideas. Happy Father's Day!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
10 Comments

10 Responses to “father's day recipes”

Cheryl Houston said...

Those are too cute!!

phillips phamily said...

I've seen those corn on the cob cupcakes before and they ARE so real looking! I would have to use the Jelly Belly flavor "Buttered Popcorn"!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Cute recipes! Love both ideas pictured!

Shannon said...

I have made the corn cupcakes (they are from the book "Hello, Cupcake")and they were very cute!

Southern Gal said...

Thanks for all the links. You've got to check out Bakerella's site for her Father's Day menu. So fun.

Tiffany said...

Shoot - I loved those corn cupcakes when I still thought they still had real corn and butter on top.... Dang, that would have been good!

Nicole said...

Wish I would have seen these yesterday!! Oh well. For next year I'll keep them in mind :) or a birthday.

Thoris Designs said...

Very cute. The kids would really love the corn-on-the-cob cupcakes, especially. They do look delicious.

Atticelf said...

Ha! I love those!

Jami said...

Just bookmarked these. Love them both!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs