Tuesday, August 17, 2010

flashcard rings = good, clean fun

More back-to-school today--I guess I'm a little excited. I really don't want summer to end, but I love shopping the back-to-school sales! I went to Target today and loaded up on the new flashcards in the Dollar Spot. My kids love them. But I don't love the 52-million-card-pick-up game that ensues each time we have a study session. So flashcard rings were born. Easy enough you don't need a tutorial, but I'm going to give it to you anyway, because I'm cool like that.

Flashcard Ring Tutorial

Supplies:
*Flashcards
*Book rings from the office supply store
*Crop-A-Dile or other heavy duty hole punch

1. Make sure all your flashcards are facing the same way. This is a good "game" for the kids to play. Punch a hole through a small stack of the cards in the upper left-hand corner, being careful to keep them straight and not cut off any words or important information.


2. Lay one of your punched cards on top of another small stack of flashcards. With a pen, mark where your hole was punched.


3. Punch the next stack of cards where you traced your hole. Repeat with remaining cards.


4. Open book ring and slide through all the holes of the punched cards. Close ring.


5. Never play 52-card pick-up again. Unless you want to. Oh, and these are perfect for car trips!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
21 Comments

21 Responses to “flashcard rings = good, clean fun”

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea! I plan to pass this along!

Unknown said...

Except my kids always want the flash cards off the ring.

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Sucha creative way to keep everything together! This would be great for paint cards or recipes too :0)

All Things Fee said...

For younger kids ( Like my 18 month old) I laminated them first! This way if he spills on them they clean up easy!

allthingsfee@gmail.com

Annalee said...

Heavens, why didn't I think of this? Thank you so much for the tip - I'm going to go buy book rings today!

Alyssa Davis said...

mThat is the smartest thing ever! Why its so simple! Thanks for sharing!

B said...

Why have i not thought of this? Thank you, thank you for saving me from the card falls that happen daily around here:) genius!

DJ Rose said...

SO simple and yet so genius. Why didn't I ever think of that? I've stopped buying flash cards cause I hate how they end up everywhere . . .I may have to rethink my purchasing . . .

Beth- the mama bee said...

I learned to do that when I was teaching. The kids would get the cards all mixed up and the wrong direction. Cards would end up everywhere. This is such a handy trick. I found lots of packs at target in the dollar section and did the same thing.

Jenn said...

Great idea!

Lettie B. said...

I do the exact same thing with my cards - also from Target. It is so much better than having a a big mess of cards that get lost and bent.

Kelli said...

I do this will all my daughter's flash cards and for each of my students flash cards as well. Helps so they are all in one place.

Kelli
xoxo

Anna said...

Genius!

Amy said...

What do you think is the best way to laminate them? Clear contact paper or a trip to office suppy store and have them do it.

Kiki Fangupo said...

love this! thanks!!

Heidi said...

i have abc & 123 cards for my 2 year old, we DEFINITELY need to do this, because this mom is SOOOO tired of the 52 pick up!

Amanda said...

What a great idea!!!!

Sarah said...

YES! this is just what I needed, I hate losing cards. Or getting them mixed up. Thank you!

Mandy Crandell said...

Lovely idea!

Sandi a::k::a KnitMyRhino said...

You are amazing! This came just in time, MrZ received 4 sets of different flash cards for his birthday! YAY!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

GENIOUS! we sadly only have 25 out of our 26 alphabet flash cards =(

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs