Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Apple Pancake-Dutch Baby



Looking for a quick and impressive breakfast? Try this Apple Oven Pancake. We got this recipe from Sunset Magazine and fell in love. We tweaked it slightly to work for us and our favorite part is how quick they are to make.

Ingredients:
Sliced apples
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon (we just use two shakes of our cinnamon shaker)
3 Tablespoons butter melted (If it is not melted you can just toss it in the pie pan while the oven is preheating--that is what we did)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs


Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the brown sugar, cinnamon, apples, and butter in your pie pan and bake in the oven until your apples are soft. This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.




While your apples are cooking place the flour, milk and eggs in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer. If you want you can also put all these ingredients in a blender and mix.


When apples are warm and soft, add the rest of the ingredients to your pie pan and bake in your oven for 15 minutes.



Cut up like a pie and serve with warm syrup or powdered sugar and lemon juice. Yum!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
21 Comments

21 Responses to “Apple Pancake-Dutch Baby”

missbossypants said...

this will definitely be served this Christmas morning with our breakfast this year! It sounds wonderful!!! (coming from a dutch girl herself!)

KingsGirl said...

this sounds yumm & so easy. I'll be buying a bag of pre-sliced apples which i'm sure will make it even zippier!
thanks.

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! A friend told me about your blog - I've enjoyed a quick look through some or your previous posts - must have a better look when I have more time after Christmas!!

Shorty said...

That looks and sounds so scrumptious! Can't wait to give it a taste. Perhaps Christmas morning... Thank you for the recipe!

Michelle said...

Over 20 years ago I learned how to make these in Home Ec class. They have remained a favorite! They are so yummy!

Beverly said...

This looks delicious!

ELK said...

ALWAYS looking for a new recipe...apples are the best

Teresa aka Tess said...

Mmmmmm, This sounds wonderful. I love pancakes and I love apples soooo, what a great combination.
Merry Christmas!

coweeclan said...

This sounds great, but I was wondering what size of pie pan you used.

Unknown said...

Thank you! This will be great for Christmas morning!

Lisa said...

This looks amazing! There's a local restaurant that makes something similar that I love, so it would be fun to make my own!

Mindy said...

Thanks for posting this! I was going to look up the recipe for Christmas morning and now I don't have too!! It was sooooo yummy when you served it!

Thoris Designs said...

Just ate these for Christmas breakfast and they were excellent! Thanks so much for another great recipe, ladies. Merry Christmas!

Britt said...

This is what my dad always made us Christmas morning! Yum!

Erin Bassett said...

Mmmm, that looks so yummy...I made a similar recipe years ago & forgot about it...guess that means I need to try this one now. :)

Atticelf said...

Oh! This looks TASTY!

Cassie Jean said...

I made two of them today, and the were easy and wonderful!
Thanks

Cassie Jean said...

I made these today, and they were easy and wonderful!
Thanks

Rosie said...

I made this the other night and YUM!!!! It was a hit with my husband! It was great, wouldn't change a thing :)

Unknown said...

I made this for breakfast this morning... It was so delicious and a welcome variation from our usual breakfast menu. Thanks for another great recipe!

Loralynn said...

This sounds fantastically awesome! I can't wait to try it!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs