Wednesday, June 20, 2012

make a temporary tiered serving plate {guest post}

Last week I shared this easy temporary tiered serving plate idea over at Make and Takes. I've been having lunch with different friends the last few weeks as we get ready to say goodbye to Iowa (has it been a year already?). Since all my cute serving plates are in storage in Seattle, I've gotten creative with my one set of everyday dishes I have here to make my presentation a little more interesting. After throwing down a piece of wrapping paper for a table runner, I made these tiered serving plates to hold cupcakes and cookies. Yeah, I totally forgot to photograph them with food on them. I even forgot to take pictures with my cute friends. That is just a perfect example of how my brain is working these days! Please forgive.


The reason I love these is that you can make these cake platters out of any dish you own, but it doesn't have to be permanent (like this upcycled cake platter and these cupcake stands I made). Check out the full tutorial over at Make and Takes and take some of the stress out of summer entertaining!


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
2 Comments

2 Responses to “make a temporary tiered serving plate {guest post}”

Melynie said...

Love it!! Those look darling. What a great idea!

Unknown said...

I love this! I must keep a look out for some old plates like these, excellant gifts!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs