Friday, June 4, 2010

csn stores review-cookware

CSN stores recently gave me a gift card so I could try out some of their products and review them. It was so hard to choose something. They have pretty much every product under the sun on their sites! I love cooking so I finally settled on some of their cookware to test out. I received the items in the mail the other day and I had to get cooking!


I picked a covered frying pan and a stainless steel mixing bowl. I was a little surprised to see the frying pan because I thought it was going to be much larger, but I guess I should have measured since it had the measurements listed. It is a really great heavy duty pan and I know I will use it for years to come.

I was so excited to get the stainless steel bowl because I have always wanted one, but they are so expensive. Stainless steel lasts such a long time and it will be a great, durable bowl to use. It is really large too which is great for the big batches of things I make. It fit my chex mix wonderfully. I am able to toss it all in that bowl without any pieces trying to escape.

I was very happy with the service I received from CSN stores as well. My items came very quickly and were packaged very well to protect the items. I was very happy with what I received from them!

This weekend I plan on filling my new bowl with a delicious salad recipe that Mandy gave me. You will want to try this one out. It is delicious!

Spinach and Swiss Salad
1 (10 oz) bag spinach
1 large head iceberg lettuce
1/2 red onion, chopped
3/4 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 c. grated Swiss cheese
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 c. cottage cheese, drained
Mix together in large bowl.

Dressing:
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
2/3 c. cider vinegar
2 c. vegetable oil
1 T. poppy seeds
Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Best after chilling overnight. Pour on salad just before serving and mix well.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
3 Comments

3 Responses to “csn stores review-cookware”

Sam said...

LOVE that bowl!! I have a Kitchen Aid stainless pan that I bought a while back that is bigger. It's nice and deep, has a helper handle, and works perfectly for our family of eight! LOVE that bowl!!! :)

Chelsey said...

I love this salad recipe. My mom has made this salad for years and years - with a couple modifications -
She uses romaine lettuce and green leaf lettuce.

And, we have found that if you make the dressing the day before and leave the sliced mushrooms in the dressing overnight, the mushrooms marinade in it and it is even better when poured on the salad the next day. Delish! One of our family favorites!

Leslie said...

I got this recipe from a friend a couple of years ago. She recommended putting the cottage cheese in the dressing and I did and it makes it easier to keep as a leftover salad.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs