Thursday, August 20, 2009

how to make torn paper flowers


We continue Flower Week with another super easy flower. Paper flowers make sweet embellishments for cards, scrapbook pages, and other paper crafting projects. This is probably the easiest flower you can imagine. Oh, and if you want to see more of my work with the cute October Afternoon paper above, check out the projects I've posted on the Lasting Memories blog. There are tons of great ideas there!


Simple Torn Flower Tutorial


What you'll need:
*Paper or card stock
*Brad or button (optional)
*Hole punch (optional)
*Ink for distressing (optional)

1. Start by ripping four circles out of your paper. The should get progressively bigger. I actually drew loose circles on my card stock so I could make sure they were not all the same size.



2. The fun part: crumple them up into little balls!


3. Flatten them out again and arrange on top of each other from biggest to smallest. If you want the distressed look (like my red flower above), ink the edges with an ink pad first.


4. If you want to use a brad for the center, punch a hole with a hold punch and put the brad in. You could also sew a button on or create another center.



5. Attach to your card, page, or project! This really must be the easiest project we've EVER posted.


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
23 Comments

23 Responses to “how to make torn paper flowers”

Terry said...

I love how the flower looks and how easy! Thank you sharing - I'm going to have to make me some flowers now!

Julie Bagamary said...

I like this.

Catherine Peart said...

I love this idea! Thanks for the instructions.

Teresa aka Tess said...

Crinkled paper! Now why didn't I think of that? You are right this flower looks easy and has so much potential for use. Thanks bunchs for the tutorial.

marie said...

Wow ~ I love flower week! Thanks for the wonderful tips. I'm looking forward to trying them. I think my favorite (so far) is today's feature. I see so many possibilities for these paper flowers. Although I must say Tuesday's ribbon flowers will make wonderful hair clips for my granddaughters!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

SarahJarnagin said...

Great tutorial. Can't wait to try this out! Do you know the name of the blue paper you used as an accent? Someone gave me some scraps and I really would like to buy more of it for a project.

Michelle said...

What a great idea and a great tutorial...thanks for sharing!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to try this soon!

Anne said...

These are really pretty! Thanks for the post!

Melissa said...

Oooooh Okay! Easy I can do that.
Thanks.

KatieJ said...

I love this- and all the other flowers too! Can you tell me how you make the paper ruffle on the bottom of the card? Is the paper folded, or cut and overlapped? It looks really cute too.

wvnurse1 said...

Another great idea!

gmistudio said...

i love it, its soo easy !

Ter said...

I LOVE IT! I love how easy it is too!

do you have a tutorial for making sunflower type flowers??

neubiewaters said...

Loving all the flower things! Thanks!

SoSoBella said...

those paper flowers are darling. i have tried to make them before but they sure didn't turn out so cute. crunching them makes the world of difference.
Too Cute!!11

H.H. Addict said...

What a GREAT idea!! I am all for SIMPLE tutorials! Well done!!!

Neuffj said...

I am a newcomer to your blog. I found it by way of another, but how adorable are these flowers? So simple and fun. What an easy way to jazz things up. Thanks for sharing! The Neuff

Michelle said...

Thanks for the tutorial on both the paper and organza flowers. I am going to try both this weekend!

Atelier Ullizee said...

Thank you for this tutorial!

Julie said...

Another great tutorial - can't wait to give this a go later on!!
Thanks

Amazing Flower said...

what more i can say, it's fabulous. love the tutorial.

Love from Singapore Florist :)

Makaela said...

I absoloutley love these! I've made five of them already. I put them on my cork bored till i have a brilliant idea what to do with them!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs