Thursday, November 20, 2008

pumpkin cupcakes



With Thanksgiving around the corner, we've got yummy food on our mind! Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same without pumpkin dishes galore. Most people go with the traditional pumpkin pie for dessert, but we realize not everyone enjoys pumpkin pie (boggles my mind). So, we thought we'd offer you another tasty option. These cupcakes would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving feast, and perfect for the kids!

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Add the following to a large mixing bowl:

4 eggs slightly beaten

2 cups of sugar

¾ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

¾ cup oil

1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

2 teaspoon baking powder

2 cups of flour

2 cups or 16 oz of 100% pure pumpkin

8 oz chocolate chips

Optional—1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts

Once all this is thoroughly mixed together, place in lined jumbo muffin tins. This recipe makes 12 jumbo cupcakes. Bake at 350 for 25 to 35 minutes (mine took about 30 minutes) depending on the size of your pan, etc. Check with a knife or toothpick. The cupcakes are done when you can insert a toothpick or knife and it comes out clean.

Frost with cream cheese frosting. You can also add a little bit of orange juice to the cream cheese frosting. Delicious!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
15 Comments

15 Responses to “pumpkin cupcakes”

Anonymous said...

These sound delicious! Thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! All these pumpkin recipes lately from everyone! I think I'm going to go need to bake something! I feel the domesticity(yes, it's a word!) come out in me!! But I think first on my list is these cupcakes! YAY!

And btw that plate they are on, is super cute!

the blu moo said...

That sounds so good!! I think I may have to try that!! Thanks.

Lisita said...

This treat looks like it can't wait a full week. I must make it today! Thanks for sharing. :)

Kimberly @ Seriously Daisies said...

MMM! Those look YUMMY! I need one thing from the store, then I can make them myself!!! Can't wait!

Alena Jo said...

Yum!! I love pumpkin cupcakes!! I love cream cheese frosting! I have a super easy recipe too. One 16oz. can of pumpkin and a "spice cake" mix. mix it together and put it in mini or regular muffin tin, in papers, and bake for about 20 minutes (more or less... just watch them). They are really no-fail! Thanks for another great recipe gals!

Tracy said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm those look just yummy!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Can I just say that you guys rock! I seriously love this site and get soooo many great ideas from you. Thanks for sharing.
By-the-way I am addicted to anything pumpkin so I will definitely be making these!
THANKS!

Anonymous said...

I am one of those who don't care to much for pumpkin pie, as crazy as it may sound! I will be making these this year for sure! My girls will LOVE it! Thanks for great idea!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!! Those look soooo good.

Heidi Boos said...

These look and sound amazing! Thanks for passing along the recipe... I don't think I can get enough of pumpkin.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work and how your passion to create comes through everything that you share. Your gift for creativity is amazing and I enjoy coming to visit! Because of this, I have given you an award.

http://blueeyedblessings.blogspot.com/2008/11/who-me.html

Atticelf said...

Yum and they look great, too!

Anonymous said...

I am making these right now, I am going to take them to our Thanksgiving dinner to share with the family, these smell so good!
I am thankful for wonderful blogs like yours and such nice people who share their wonderful recipies!
Happy Thanksgiving! : )

Anonymous said...

My wife made these for our thanksgiving dinner (one of our desserts) and they a huge hit. She use a few as name place holders in boxes (www.savorit.typepad.com). They were delicious and a big hit. Thank you for sharing.

Caitlyn Leilani said...

I'm making these for Christmas dinner for my family! Everyone is excited... including myself! Can't wait for them! :) Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs