Friday, November 14, 2008

mexican lasagna



Dinnertime is always hectic at my house, as I know it is for many people. So, when my sister gave me this easy dinner recipe, I jumped on it. You can whip it up in about 15 minutes, and it only cooks for 25. You can also prepare the casserole ahead of time (say the night before) and store it in your fridge until you are ready to bake it. My boys love it, and the leftovers are also delicious!

Mexican Lasagna

In large pan, saute:
1 lb. ground beef
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin

Add:
2 cans diced green chilies
2 cans (12 oz) mexican stewed tomatoes
Simmer for 10 min.

In a 9 x13 pan, layer 6 corn tortillas, 1/2 can of refried beans, 1/2 of the meat mixture, and 1/2 bag of mexican shredded cheese. You can use just cheddar if you prefer. Repeat the layers one more time: tortillas, beans, meat mixture, and cheese. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes....and enjoy!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
19 Comments

19 Responses to “mexican lasagna”

Heather said...

This looks AMAZING! I'm going to make it tonight!

Eve said...

Oooh - thank you! I was just trying to figure out what I could make QUICKLY for dinner this evening!

Liz said...

I am so going to try this for my family later next week. Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

I bet this would be good with some other add ins like corn too!

Erin said...

Get outta town! I made this tonight! I was making it as a way to clear out my fridge. I didn't have the beans but I did have tons of salsa (I'm a big Costco shopper, so I had like a gallon) So I used that in my layers. Mine was good too and super easy! :) I rekon it's one of those things you can throw anything you have on hand that's Mexican into. Oh I put olives in mine too. (from my #10 Costco can)

Wendy said...

That looks wonderful! I can't wait to try this out on hubby.

ms.clark said...

YUM. This looks DELISH!!

Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing your recipe Jess!!

Kimberly @ Seriously Daisies said...

Mmmm, this looks really good and EASY! Thanks!!! :o)

My Trendy Tykes said...

I am going to have to make this !

Linda

Content in a Cottage said...

Oh...YUM...That looks absolutely delicious and I love how easy it is! Thanks so much. ♥Rosemary

Atticelf said...

Yum...I make something similar using enchilada sauce. Great quickie meal.

I recently found you and scrolled down to look at your older posts. I didn't realize you were in the Seattle area - fantastic! - me too! I hope you post when you have more classes. I'd love to attend one.

Natalia said...

That looks delicious. Just found your blog via JustaGirl and am blown away by all your great crafty ideas!

Letti said...

This looks so good. I can't wait to make it.

Jennifer said...

Oh that sounds delicious!! I definitely want to try it!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

My2Gs said...

I just found your site today, and I love it. Thank you so much for all the tutorials. I don't have one sewing bone in my body but I still feel inspired ;)
~ Lacie

Mc Allen said...

YUMMMMY. I'm gonna give tis a try, it looks wonderful ;) LA

denise @ little ant design said...

Just found your site and love it. Ill be back often.

I made this recipe tonight and it was a huge hit with my family. I added onion and corn to the meat mixture and it came out great.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to thank you again for posting this recipe, I've made it lots of times since I found it here and it's one of my husbands favorites! You ladies rule!

Jinx said...

Im adding this to my recipe book! Looks so good!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs