Friday, September 24, 2010

our favorite fall cookies


Remember last year when we had our virtual cookie exchange? Yes, we saw some delicious recipes. Mandy shared her favorite Ginger Cookies which are absolutely divine. We are both hooked on them. I use a similar recipe that I found on The Pioneer Woman's site. They are called Spicy Molasses Cookies and they are to die for....really. They fill your home with a delicious aroma as they bake and they are just perfect for fall. Enjoy!

Molasses Cookies
1 cup sugar
¾ cups shortening
¼ cups molasses
1 whole egg
2 cups flour
2-½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoons ground cloves
¼ teaspoons ground cardamom
¼ teaspoons salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugar, shortening, molasses, and egg together until well combined. Dump in dry ingredients, stirring dry ingredients together lightly. Mix together until dough is combined. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls, then generously coat each ball with sugar. Place balls on a baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes, allowing to bake for about a minute after cookies begin to crack. Remove cookies from baking sheet.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
12 Comments

12 Responses to “our favorite fall cookies”

Min said...

These look WONDERFUL! I've been trying to find a good Molasses Cookie Recipe. This looks like the one!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~M

MommaWard said...

Just in time for the weekend... The little ones and I will definitely be trying these out! Yum yum!

Me and My Brain said...

yes.. I have recently been converted to these cookies and wanted to start making them... I'm really excited to make your recipe. Thank you so much.

Mandy Crandell said...

These look tasty! I might have to try them. Hopefully, I won't blow up the kitchen.

Heather said...

yummers!!! :)

-Sydney- said...

I want to lick the computer screen!

My Little Cupcake said...

Those look so Yummy!!!

Christine said...

these look yummy...will copy recipe and try them! Your blogs are fun and I can not wait to try out the ribbon flowers too!

Janna Werner said...

yummie yummie. this site is so inspirational :D

Janna

Ms. Walsh said...

I just made these and they are AMAZING. I will be making this for the duration of fall. SO addicting!

Unknown said...

Those look amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

CAjohnsonfamily said...

Those look wonderful! Molasses cookies are my favorite, especially this time of year. I'm going to try your recipe. My favorite recipe for molasses cookies is posted here:

http://atasteofmyfavorites.blogspot.com/2010/09/molasses-cookies.html

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs