Thursday, September 16, 2010

ruffled book paper table runner

We're guest posting over at Make and Takes today. It's a super easy table runner made from book pages. Check out our tutorial!


I made the original ruffled paper runner (out of wrapping paper!) for a shower I helped give last week for a Lasting Memories friend. It was SO fun to have a reason to make fun paper decorations. The colors we chose were black, white, and aqua. I went through my paper stash (both physical and digital) and came up with a banner, a couple of buntings, and some coffee filter pom poms. My husband couldn't quite get why I was spending so much time making paper decorations for one little party. I simply told him, "It's what I do." His response: "Well, whatever makes you happy." Exactly. After 11 years of marriage, I'm glad you finally figured that one out, Love.






The bride-to-be, Miss London of Such Sweet Tierney. (Check out her Etsy shop when she gets back from her wedding week. She is super-amazing.)




This bunting was probably my fave. I cut different doilies out of patterned paper with my Silhouette machine. Then I cut them in half and stitched them together on my sewing machine. The original idea came from a fabulous friend on this post. Thanks, Beth!



Yes, I kept it all. I need to think of a reason to have another party so they don't go to waste. :) Tea party at my place, anyone?

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
16 Comments

16 Responses to “ruffled book paper table runner”

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love the ruffled paper runner! What an ingenious idea. And the scattered buttons just make it even cuter. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a great post! I just love the ruffled paper look and your decorations...what an effort...they look amazing. No wonder your husband was wondering where you were for weeks!!! :)

jackfrosty said...

Fantastic idea!! I have an old book of Christmas carols I'd love to try this with for the holidays!! Thanks for the inspiration!! I just need some fancy scissors or a punch! I think the kids could even help with this one...

Jami said...

What beautiful colors and details. I'm sure she just loved every bit of it!

lisa westphal said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the table-runner and all of those banners!!!! :) . . .and I'm a little jealous over those gorgeous giant livingroom windows. . .I would LOVE to have windows like that! Great projects. . .thanks for the ideas. :)

magpie said...

WOW. you are fabulous!

Carolyne said...

I love doily garlands. Come Christmas, my house will be covered in them!

Lindsayb-mo said...

I'm a new follower and have given your blog and award. You can find out more about it on my blog:
http://bomanpartyof5.blogspot.com
Lindsay

Lindsey said...

I love that table runner! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I -love- those coffee filter pompoms! Please do share how you made them? And I never would've thought to make buntings out of scrapbook paper... I have SO MUCH DIGITAL STUFF that I have never used!

*squees*

Novell said...

Lovely job! London, I hope you have a wonderful wedding!

Sewing Mommy said...

So cute!

Brittani Clonts said...

Where is this Ben Franklin thrift store I keep reading about?! I feel like Goodwill is only cheap every other Saturday. I am looking for more thrift stores to check out.

malia said...

I am so (attempting) to make that ruffled table runner!
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

Teri said...

Ooooooh! Love it, love it, love it!

Jess said...

I'm totally curious how you made those coffee filter pompoms. So cute!!! Please Share!! :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs