Tuesday, September 21, 2010

anywhere bib clips tutorial - reader submission

Greetings from Japan! A couple of you guessed where I'm traveling this week, probably from the washi tape.


Here's a sneak peak of what I've found so far. Love this stuff!



So while I'm away I'm getting a little help from readers to keep the crafty goodness coming. Today's tutorial is from Amy at Naptime Crafters. This is a brilliant (and easy) way to turn any napkin into a bib! Thanks, Amy! Enjoy!


Bib or Nursing Cover Clip Tutorial

Turn anything into a bib! You know the moment: your baby is in white, you packed a jar of sweet potatoes, and you forgot the bib- not good... Trust me I've tried tucking a napkin in- the results weren't pretty. So... the bib clips were born. Turn napkin, paper towel, burp cloth, etc. into a bib

Bonus- you don't have to cart home a nasty bib.

They also work great for turning any blanket into a nursing cover.

Materials:

  • 2.5 x 16" piece of fabric
  • Suspender Clips
  • D- rings
  • Tiny hairband (optional)
1. Decide how long you want your bib to be. If you don't ever want to use it as a nursing cover- I would make it a bit shorter than mine- maybe use a 12" piece of fabric. Make sure you cut the fabric wide enough that after you've sewn it together it will slip over the suspender clips.
2. Fold your fabric right sides together and sew shut. Cut off a 2.5" section. You should now have 2 fabric tubes- one short and one long.

3. Turn your tubes right sides out. For the long one I used a crochet hook to shove it through.

4. Cut your suspender clips in half. Tuck the raw edge under on your long tube and slip it over a suspender clip. Topstitch down.

5. Tuck the raw edge under and slip it over your other suspender clip. Slip the D-rings onto the strap then topstitch both ends onto the suspender clip.

5. Feed the long end through the D-rings and you're done! I used the tiny hair tie to secure the loose tail.



share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “anywhere bib clips tutorial - reader submission”

Maxabella said...

Enjoy your time in Japan. It's crafty heaven or what!!

Amy - So clever! What a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing. x

Micah C said...

Hey - if your trip to Japan brings you to any southern islands (Okinawa) - I would love to meet up and say Hi! Love all the ideas.
jasonmicah@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Your in Japan!? Wow!!! I hope you have a great trip :)

The bib is adorable & the fabric is so cute!

Jami said...

This is great because it is so useful and versatile. Also, it's small and easy to carry in your bag. I love it!

Lindsay said...

This is genius! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! So glad I saw this :)

Unknown said...

Süper fikir.Teşekkürler, Sevgiyle kalın....

Lori said...

Kind of reminds me of the way a dentist's bib works. Great idea!

Megan said...

I love this idea and just happen to have 2 suspender clips leftover after making my 2 daughters' mitten clips. I used 7/8 in. ribbon for those- I may be lazy and do the same for this bib clip...lol. I would have never thought to make something like this!! So clever and much more practical than carrying around several bibs :) Thank you!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs