For everyone who placed a pre-order for the pinless flower magnets, magnets have shipped! You should have them soon. There are still a few more left in the shop.
I found another great way to use these super strong magnets. Remember my original guest post over at Make and Takes? Well if you missed it, here it is again, with a twist. I added four of my magnets to the back (one on each corner) and hung it on the side of the refrigerator.
I'm much happier with it there. It just works better in my kitchen. So the pinless flower backs aren't just for flowers I guess! If you didn't get some yet, I have a few more listed in the shop (and more on hand if you need higher quantities), but get them quick--my store will be closed starting this weekend while I'm out of town for a while.
Wipe-Off Menu Board Tutorial
- Picture frame with glass front (I love these 12×12 frames I found at Ben Franklin for only $7!)
- Piece of patterned scrapbook paper to fit in your frame (mine’s also 12×12)
- Optional: Vinyl cut letters for each day of the week (you could always just hand write them)
- Dry-erase marker
- Optional: four heavy-duty magnets to hang it on your refrigerator
1. Put your patterned paper inside the frame. Replace the back. That’s pretty much it. :)
2. If you wanted to stop here, you could hand-write your days of the week on the glass, or use it as a message board / to-do list. I love that these frames can stand or hang on the wall so you can do whatever works best in your space!
3. Use a paper towel or cloth to easily erase dry-erase marker off the glass.
4. If you want to get fancy and go a step further, you can add vinyl lettering for the days of the week. I cut these letters with my Silhouette machine, using Creating Keepsakes “Woodbine Swashes” font. (Try not to notice how crooked “Sunday” is. I didn’t notice until after the picture was taken. Luckily, it’s easy to fix!)
Now everyone in the family knows what’s for dinner each week!
The best part about this project is that it is SO easy to change the paper if you decide to change your decor, or if you just get tired of it. So you’ll really use it for years to come!
share this on »