Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of july mantel display {decor ideas}

I barely got a picture of this before it all got packed up to be shipped to Utah! One more holiday mantel display with these basic pieces (I've used them for my Christmas, Valentine's, and Easter mantel displays, too!). This has really made decorating for various holidays super easy. Here are some simple 4th of July decor ideas using the same pieces and some stuff I had around the house (see the links to past tutorials!).

I started with this framed sheet music (it's first incarnation was as a Christmas card holder). I draped an old, faded American flag on it and propped a wooden star from my boys' room in front of it. 

Then I moved my coffee filter flowers to a milk jar filled with red marbles, and tied a metal star (from Hobby Lobby) to the empty frame used here, here, and here for other holidays.
 

I found this darling Fourth of July subway art free printable from HMH Designs and put it in my painted thrift store frame (used with other printables here, here, and here).

With the big frame turned on its side, I felt like the display needed some height. So I made a few of these accordion folded pinwheels (tutorial here, video tutorial here) above the frame.

Voila! I would've loved to have added a paper bunting to the mix, but all those empty boxes (and a screeching 6-month-old) were calling me! ;)

We hope our American readers enjoy a safe and happy Independence Day! We are so thankful for all the men and women (and their families) who have served our country in war and in peace. Happy Fourth of July!!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
3 Comments

3 Responses to “4th of july mantel display {decor ideas}”

craftykellyj said...

Very beautiful and thanks for including all the tutorials. Hope you have a great 4th too. So proud to live in America.

Colleen said...

Very festive looking for the 4th
ColleenB.

Jeannie said...

I love those stars, especially the framed one. I pinned for patriotic and Christmas. I see stars for my Christmas theme this year.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs