Wednesday, June 8, 2011

you have to try this {frosting rosettes}

Recently I spotted these gorgeous frosting rosettes on Pinterest and just had to try them. I followed the tutorial by the fabulous I Am Baker, and I am happy to say they were even easier than I thought they'd be! 


I helped a friend with refreshments for her daughter's baptism last weekend and whipped these sugar cookies up. They are darling on cupcakes, too, instead of the big pile of frosting (although that's not a bad way to go!) I really think it was quicker to frost them like this than with a knife. And they look so much yummier! Okay, they are yummier because they have twice the frosting, but luckily I don't count calories at special celebrations.

My friend coordinated the cake with the same technique. Isn't it gorgeous? We all thought this would make a beautiful wedding cake!

And it was heartily enjoyed by all. 

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
18 Comments

18 Responses to “you have to try this {frosting rosettes}”

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

They look so pretty! I can't wait to make some of my own.

Kristy said...

Yummy!!! And love that cute connoisseur!!! ;)

Maxabella said...

They are so beautiful. The cake would be a darling wedding cake. Very chic. x

Nancy-Jane said...

Oh..they are lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I learned this technique in my cake decorating class and had fun practicing them. They are perfect for cupcakes too!

Deborah Raymond said...

I love these roses! I added these to cupcakes for a wedding not too long ago-
http://wonderwomancreations.blogspot.com/2010/11/rose-cupcake-wedding-cake-tutorial.html

but I really like the idea of putting them on sugar cookies. I like cookies better than cake. I also love the cake covered in roses you posted. My aunt did this on her daughter's wedding a couple of months ago and that was the first time I ever saw this kind of cake. Very pretty.

Fork said...

I love these -- so beautiful!

Janiece said...

Beautiful!

Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

OMG! Yes, the cookies and the cake are gorgeous!! :o) Thanks for sharing this little secret. I will definitely be trying this soon.

millerhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

S said...

They are stunning! thank you for sharing. Might be just the thing for a wee girl's 2nd birthday morning tea.
That cake looks sooo good! well done both of you.

Amanda said...

I am dying! These are soooo beautiful. I've got to try this. I'll think of something to celebrate this weekend:) Thanks ladies! As usual y'all amaze!

hilljean said...

I think those fluffy swirls of deliciousness are hypnotizing me. I just want to down a pound of pink frosting after seeing this! Thanks for sharing!

Melynie said...

Gorgeous!!! Love it all! Beautiful and tasty too. And what a little cutie enjoying the cake. :)

Nanna said...

what pretty delisious looking cookies
Helen

Deborah said...

These look so pretty but hard to make! I love the pink colour and the white would make a wonderful wedding cake :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Lindy said...

Thank you for posting that link! Now I just need an excuse to make a rose cake...cake-making excuses don't come around very often in my life but I might have to make one up!

Sonja Milojevic said...

Thank you so much for this! It looks gorgeous! I'm gonna try making it as soon as possible!

jackanne said...

so pretty....lovely blog x

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs