Sunday, February 8, 2009

card swaps are out!


Quick update for those of you who participated in our swap. First, thank you to each of you who took the time to make your cards and send them in. We were so inspired!


Ever wonder what over 50 card swap packages looks like? This is what my family looked at for days before the swap. I thought it was pretty cool, but my five-year-old was pretty mad that none of the packages that kept coming each day were for him!



The sorting was an overwhelming job, but we had a lot of fun doing it together. All the swaps went back out in the mail Thursday, so you should have them soon! Because we didn't receive all the swaps, we had to get a little creative (i.e. make a few cards on the fly--hope you like 'em!). But it all worked out in the end, and you are all getting some impressive cards in return. So many creative people out there!

I'm so sorry we haven't been able to respond to every e-mail checking to see if your cards had arrived safely. We've been pretty swamped, and not just in cards. Hopefully you'll get your cards back soon and that will be your answer! We'll post a link to the cards later this week with a poll so our readers can pick their favorite of our top 10 cards. We even have a little prize for the winner! Stay tuned. . .

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
15 Comments

15 Responses to “card swaps are out!”

chermonblie said...

YEAH!! Can't wait to get them in the mail! Thanks LBS for hosting this swap and all the hard work!!

Katherine said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to see what everyone made! Thank you so much for hosting this swap! I had a great time creating cards for it!

Erin said...

You guys so rock! This was so fun! Thanks for hosting...so, what is the next swap?

Angie said...

I'm with the other ladies on saying thank you for hosting the swap - er,um, and only slightly nervous that my card will s*t*i*n*k in comparison! :)

Taina said...

Oh I am so excited! I can't wait to see what everyone else has created! Thanks for all your time and hard work organizing this!

Andrea said...

Thank you for hosting this swap!

Angie said...

This was so fun! Thanks for hosting. I've been plotting for the last few weeks how I'm going to use all my cards.

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting this swap and all the work you put into it. Happy Valentine's Day.

Shean

jannypie said...

hi! for valentines day i am letting my favorite bloggers know that i enjoy subscribing to their blog, and want to say thank you for sharing such great ideas!!
happy valentine's day!
(here is a little image too http://i41.tinypic.com/fkceog.jpg)

katielyn said...

I just got mine and they were wonderful! I want to do it again! Thanks for hosting!

StylinMom said...

stopping by from SITS....great site..I will be back often!

M :)

Erin said...

I received my cards yesterday and blogged about them today...with a link back to you. Thanks so much for hosting this it was awesome. Now, if we could just figure out a way to identify the makers of the cards who didn't add their names to the backs...some of them are quite lovely and I have no way to say thanks other than using my blog...http://nagle5.blogspot.com/2009/02/valentines-cards.html

Katherine said...

I got my cards today and *love* them!! Thank you for hosting this swap!! I know it turned out to be a hassle but the cards we got are great!
Thanks again!

Erin said...

Got my cards and have already been posting about them. I have some cards made by elves (no names), however, so I don't know how to thank them. If you didn't sign your cards, please know I totally loved all the cards I received. Thank you so much!

Hannah said...

I got my cards in the mail this week and they are great! Thanks everyone and LBS for the hard work. BY the way Erin I am one who didn't put my name on them because I was afraid they wouldn't measure up. Sorry.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs