Thursday, April 15, 2010

Seattle Cupcake Camp 2010



I packed up the kids and headed to Seattle this weekend to check out Seattle's first ever Cupcake Camp. YUMMO! I was completely blown away by all the cupcake talent we have in this area. This event was amazing and jam packed full of the best cupcakes ever made and they were free for tasting. I was in cupcake heaven!!

Here are a few shots of the competition table. Aren't these adorable? I wanted to try a few of these, but they were for the judges.









After checking out the competition cupcakes, we headed into the main room where we were able to taste any and all cupcakes. I discovered some new local bakeries that I will have to visit again soon.


Check out this cupcake spread.


I have to say that I was most excited about these bacon cupcakes. I've been wanting to try them out and see what all the fuss is about. Now, I know why they are making the news. They are yummy. Now that I've checked bacon cupcake off my list I am going to head over to Frost to pick up the bacon donut.



There were a few gluten free and vegan cupcakes and they were a huge hit. They were almost all gone by the time I got there and I was there when the event opened.



Look at this darling woman in a cupcake dress. She was so sweet and gracious. Everyone was snapping pictures of her and oohing and ahhing over her outfit. She just smiled and chatted with us.


Here are a few cute cupcakes that were hand delivered to our table. We were sitting down enjoying our feast of cupcakes and this sweet gal came over and insisted we didn't have enough. She shared her chocolate mint with us and boy am I glad she did. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The lemon cupcakes were cute with little ribbon spirals on them.



I loved every minute of this event and I am crossing my fingers that they do it again next year. If you are lucky enough to have a cupcake camp in your city I recommend you go. Your tummy will thank you.

Tomorrow I restart my diet.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
29 Comments

29 Responses to “Seattle Cupcake Camp 2010”

Anonymous said...

This event sounds FABULOUS!! I am a wee bit jealous, but glad you had such a fantastic time. I just want to know how we can have this sort of event in my town...I mean free taste testing..I'm totally there!

Perfect Balance Marketing said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing such gorgeous photos(my mouth is watering... am fighting the urge to raid the biscuit cupboard....) I particularly love LOVE all the colours, especially the pink one that looks like a rose. Couldn't bring myself to eat it though.

Might have to get myself one of those cake skirts.... don't think I'd make it to my desk in work though as I'd be robbed on the way in and arrive with empty shelves!!! Thanks again! Yum :o)

cbryan said...

WOW. Look at all those cupcakes! How were the bacon topped cupcakes? My cousin would love that..

Lisita said...

I hope you will share you new favorite bakeries in Seattle!

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

Oh my Oh my!! This looks soo fabulous!! I would soo be there, lucky!!

Kristin said...

A friend and I went to the Cupcake Camp too but they were running low. :( I am a loyal Frost goer though! My favorite is the Marcona Almond and Tart Cherry; it is AMAZING!!

Elizabeth said...

That looks like fun!! I might have to go next year too!

greetingarts said...

You lucky, lucky girl! I'm drooling...

Tiffanee said...

Looks and sounds amazing! I would of loved that event.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I live so close to PDX, OR and I am kicking myself that I did not drive to Seattle now! Glad that you enjoyed it. I am going to live vicariously through your photos and maybe bake myself some cupcakes today to satisfy my preggo cravings. :-) Thanks for sharing!

Saskia said...

I wish I had heard about this because I totally would have gone. I moved to the Seattle area this past summer and am allways looking for things to do...I'll have to keep my eyes/ears out for it next year.

Anonymous said...

This looks like such a good time, hope I make it to the next one!!

The Charm House said...

All I have to say is ....WOW!!! Looks like a wonderful time and the lady in the cupcake dress~ Amazing!
Yvette

Lora @ my blessed life said...

How FUN! I adore cupcakes! Now I want to go to cupcake camp:)

sallgood said...

As they say in some parts, "Oh my heck!" :D
Sounds like a tastey good time!I'll have to watch for it next year!!

sallgood said...

As they say in some parts, "Oh my heck!" :D
Sounds like a tastey good time!I'll have to watch for it next year!!

Tots and Tails said...

Ok I want to know what bakery's to check out...

Heidi said...

Wow I can't believe how beautiful they all are, I bet they tasted just as good....P.S. I LOVE SEATTLE to.

Atticelf said...

Oh, how fun! I wish I'd known about it. Then again...maybe it's best that I didn't! ;)

The cupcake dress is too cool!

-Sydney- said...

WOW!! This is just torture for those of us who didn't go!

Salty Gal said...

How cool is that? What a fun thing

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

awesome!
I have been on a cupcake kick recently. Just a little dab'l do ya!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

If you are in Seattle area, you need to try Wink, Trophy Cupcakes, New York Cupcakes, and Cupcake Royale. All them made fantastic cupcakes. The cupcake dress was a Trophy cupcake display.

Sew Can Do said...

Wow. Soooo jealous and also wishing they'd take that show on the road....to my front door.

Blue Cotton Memory said...

Oh, I want to go! I want to go! All those magnificent cupcakes! Did you bring home some ideas you'll, ahem, share?

Anonymous said...

I just made a comment - and i think I clicked publish before I put in my info: I was on such a sugar high from looking at those cupcakes and all that beautiful frosting - I just lost me head:)

Julie H said...

Love the cup cake dress lmao

testing 1 said...

We had such a great time too! We squeaked in right at the end, literally turning people away behind us! Next year, if they come back I have to make it earlier...http://dawnypoo.blogspot.com/2010/04/we-go-wednesday-cupcake-camp.html

MJ said...

Oh I want this in London!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs