Monday, December 14, 2009

little birdie ornaments



We were so excited to find this idea from Living the Swell Life to make these darling birdie ornaments! We cut out our own similar pattern on thin chipboard and used sheet music patterned paper from October Afternoon (instead of decoupaging small pieces of real sheet music). But we did use Mod Podge! We also tried our gold shimmer Mod Podge which is gorgeous. it gives it a nice gold shimmer that is very subtle but pretty. We also added a small jingle ball on a jump ring for extra cuteness. These make great ornaments or gift tags!

Silver glitter wing


Felt & button wing


Antique gold wing with gold shimmer Mod Podge (it's hard to see in the picture, but it is so pretty in real life!)


Red glitter wing with gold shimmer Mod Podge

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
15 Comments

15 Responses to “little birdie ornaments”

Becca said...

I'm obsessed with using sheet music so when I saw these it was for sure love at first sight!!! So charming!

Eleanor Joyce said...

Oh my, these are just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Those are super cute!

GroverFamily said...

cute! i love the music paper

Romi. said...

They are adorable!

Unique2wh0 said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

So cute!
-Jill

arkie said...

Oh, how I wish I had seen this earlier! How cute are these birds you made! I just made a couple out of felt and framed them to hang for Christmas. Yours are so very much cuter! I just may have to change the ones I did!

Stephanie said...

I love these!!! They are perfect for your blog....they match your little logo bird! Great job! I love all the different ways you did the wings.

Shorty said...

Oh, how I love some little birdies!

Valerie said...

So, so cute!! This would be so perfect for my tree in my formal living room! Thanks so much for the inspiration. I am filing this away at thecraftersfilebox.com.

Unknown said...

Caa-uute! Love the shimmer - people rarely use it! I wish I could post these but I don't have a slot until AFTER the 25th! Waaahh

Elizabeth said...

I love that you used sheet music! I'm a cellist, and this is perfect!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

These little birdies are so pretty and such a simple idea! Thanks for sharing with us!

Sassy Scrubs.com said...

Very cute! I love the sheet music as the body and especially love the button decorations.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs