Thursday, December 10, 2009

easy wooden picture frame


I found these simple wood frames at Michael's for $1 each and decided they would make a quick and easy Christmas decoration or gift. They are already sanded and ready to paint, so I just gave my frame a couple quick coats of acrylic paint on the back and edges only. Then I traced the frame on a piece of patterned paper and cut it out. I used my best crafting friend, Mod Podge, to adhere the paper to the frame. When it had dried, I used an Exacto knife and a cutting mat to clean up the edges. I lightly sanded the edges, too. Then another coat of Mod Podge on top. I added a little felt sticker from Making Memories and voila! Ready to display this year's Christmas card photo. You really can't get much easier or cheaper for a custom photo frame!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “easy wooden picture frame”

Patricia said...

How sweet and I love the colors too!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Those are as cute as can be. I think during my Christmas break I am going to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

Staci said...

I have been making these this past month and they are super easy and super cute! I love the paper you chose!

steffany said...

Very cute! I think I used the same paper in my noel frame project on my blog.

Donna VW said...

Great and easy project - thanks for sharing.

Dot said...

Loving your blog... you have some great ideas here! Just added you to my reader :)

dot

Linda said...

I saw these at Michaels and thought the same thing. They really are cute. You did a nice job on this.

Pinoko said...

nice and sweet..

xmas giveaway.. (for your kids..)

http://googlemart.blogspot.com/2009/12/little-kid-christmas-crafts.html

Jes said...

Love them, Ive made some too but may paper isnt nearly as cute! Where did you get yours?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs