Saturday, November 14, 2009

screenprint at home


I can't even count the number of times I've googled "Screen Printing" to try and figure out what is the best way to do it. I love the look. Unfortunately, I've always been intimidated by all the effort that goes into making the screen and then setting up a work station for the actual printing. This is why you have not seen a screen printing post on this blog yet. Well, now I can put my screen printing intimidation aside. I am so excited because Plaid just came out with a new product that makes screen printing easy to do at home.

Have you seen this yet?

They have the paints and the "screens" already done for you so all you have to do it put it together. Easy as pie! I love it. I am always looking for crafts to do with my kids and this is the perfect craft we can do together. You can buy this directly from Plaid or at your local craft store.

The shirt above was made using this. Amazing! Now I am off to screen print some little crowns on onesies.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
7 Comments

7 Responses to “screenprint at home”

The Whispering Creek House said...

Wow Thanks you so much! my kids would love this project!!!

Nicole said...

EEE!! That is So So cute!

courtneyb said...

awesome! the shirt is adorable!

Unknown said...

So cute! Hope yours turn out well.

Jess B said...

Very cute! I've done some screen printing at home, but nothing near as intricate as the shirt you printed. Here's the video I found about doing it at home...it's easy but probably better suited to a simpler print... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbo20z90Hk

Justme said...

Have you ever tried iron on transfers? My sister creates her designs on the computer and prints it onto iron transfer sheets you can purchase at a craft store like Michaels -- iron on onto a t-shirt!

love your site! I am now a on a craft making high LOL

Alena Jo said...

Very cool!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs