It's almost Thanksgiving, and if you're going to someone else's house for dinner, maybe you should think about bringing a hostess gift. For example: a jar of homemade jam and a Fall-ish dishcloth. Your host will think you're so thoughtful! Even if you're not thoughtful, here's a cute way to dress up a simple gift: the flower tag. We showed you tons of flowers during Flower Week, but this is one we didn't have time for. So here you go!
Paper Flower Tag Tutorial
What you'll need:
*Scallop punch or die cut
*Adhesive (I used Tombow's Mono Multi Glue)
*Stamped or handwritten sentiment
1. Punch or die cut 4 scalloped circles (or other flower shape).
2. Scrunch up your flowers. If needed, spritz them with water to make the scrunching easier.
3. Un-scrunch and fold flowers in half with patterned side on the outside.
4. Layer folded flowers, turning flower 1/4 turn after each addition.
5. Put a dot of glue or adhesive on the back of each petal to hold them all together.
6. Punch another circle out of the same or a coordinating paper. Glue on back to finish the flower nicely.
7. Insert a brad through the center of the flower and open prongs. I used a fabric-covered brad from K&Co.
8. If you want, stamp or print a sentiment and glue it to the flower. That's it! Now attach it to a ribbon on a jar of jam or around a loaf of bread and everyone will think you're such a thoughtful guest!
share this on »