Sunday, January 11, 2009

valentine card swap

While we were planning out some of our Valentine's posts last week, we had an epiphany. We need to host a Valentine's card swap! If you haven't participated in a card swap before, it is so fun. Here's the lowdown:

Everyone who's interested signs up by e-mailing us. We make a list and tell everyone how many cards to make (design one card and make multiples of it). Everyone sends us their cards with a pre-paid return envelope. We "swap" them so everyone gets one of everyone else's cards, then send them back out. You get an envelope in the mail with a bunch of Valentine's cards and tons of new ideas!

Sound fun? Okay, then here are the rules:

1. Sign up by e-mailing littlebirdiesecrets@gmail.com with your name and address by Saturday, January 17, 2009.

2. Make your cards (we'll e-mail you and tell you how many) and mail them to us by Saturday, January 31, 2009. Include a pre-paid envelope so we can mail them back (we'll give you an amount once we know how many cards will be in the envelope).

3. We'll swap and return your cards by Saturday, February 7, 2009.

We know, it's a pretty quick turn around from sign-up to mailing your cards, but you can always start designing your card now, and then sit down and mass-produce them in an evening once we give you the final number of cards you'll need to make. You can do it!

Jessica and I were so excited about this that we got together and made a few Valentine's cards, just for fun. It's interesting to see how two people with the same design change things up. Maybe these will get your creative juices flowing. Enjoy!

(See the difference in these two?)

Just a little switcheroo!
This button-heart card is another card we're planning on copying in the near future. It's by the incredibly talented Kristina Werner of KWerner Design Blog. Check out her how-to video here for this awesome card! If you're a card maker and you haven't discovered Kristina yet, you're going to go crazy over her blog!

Don't forget to sign up for our Valentine's card swap by e-mailing your name and address to littlebirdiesecrets@gmail.com by January 17th!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
11 Comments

11 Responses to “valentine card swap”

Erin said...

I'm in....I'm intimidated, but I'm in!

Christina said...

Looks great - I'm signing up!

Anonymous said...

Of course I'm in on this! Thanks for hosting this swap.

www.mukibug.com

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I'm excited-what a great idea!

laska said...

I think that I would like to try!

Brooka said...

This sounds like fun~! I can't wait to try it~!

Jessica Munk said...

Count me in!
Thanks
jessica.munk@gmail.com

Atticelf said...

I've made a similar button heart card using little prima flowers instead of the buttons. Very simple but pretty too!

AnneMarie said...

I emailed you!! I am in :)
love a fun swap!

Taina said...

I don't know if I've ever left a comment before, but I have been following your blog for a while! You have such good ideas! I would LOVE to participate in this Swap! I will email you my info! Thanks!

Michelle said...

Ohh... So sad I missed it! I just found your blog today. Maybe next time!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs