Friday, May 15, 2009

shrimp pasta

We’ve mentioned before how much we love living in the Pacific Northwest. One of the major perks is being so close to the Puget Sound and all the yummy seafood. Shrimp season is here and we were able to go out as a family and catch some of the tastiest spot shrimp. This will tide us over until crab season opens.

Another major perk for me is not only do I live in such a pretty place that has amazing seafood; I also get to be close to Megan, my cousin. This girl knows how to cook. I mean the “no cookbook, throw everything in a pot and it all turns out gourmet” type of cook. She turned my fresh shrimp into a delicious shrimp pasta. Of course this is just something she whipped up quickly in her head and I tried to capture it all. Now, we are sharing this recipe with you. Enjoy!

Shrimp Pasta

Ingredients:

1 package of shrimp (precooked) or 20 fresh shrimp cooked and shelled

7-10 Fresh Basil Leaves

3-4 Roma Tomatoes

1 cup Feta Cheese

French Green Beans (we use Trader Joe’s frozen version and love it)

1 Cup Heavy Cream

3/4 Cup grated Parmesan—Try to get a really good quality cheese. Not Kraft.

1-2 Cloves of garlic crushed

Salt and Pepper

Lemon Pepper

Olive Oil


1. Boil Fettuccine in a large post with water and a pinch of salt. Set aside

2. Sauté the shrimp and green beans with olive oil in a pan. Salt and Pepper to taste. Sprinkle Lemon Pepper to taste. Do not do this for too long, only until shrimp and beans are warm. Set aside.

3. Chop the tomatoes and basil.

4. In a saucepan combine heavy cream, garlic and parmesan. Bring to a boil while continuously whisking for about 4 minutes or until it is thick. Remove from heat.

5. Place fettuccine, shrimp, beans, tomatoes, basil, and feta in a large bowl. Add cream sauce and toss. Make sure the noodles and shrimp are evenly coated.

6. Sprinkle any additional feta, tomatoes and basil on top for presentation.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
7 Comments

7 Responses to “shrimp pasta”

Abbie said...

Looks awesome! (But I'm not sure I can buy shrimp OR non-Kraft parmesan in my small Kansas town!)

Very Shannon said...

Yum! I'll have some of that!
I love your site - come take a peek at mine, we have an award for you :)

Theresa said...

That is one big shrimp! Hmmm...I think we need to get the nets out and catch some!

mary h. said...

YUMMM!

Carla G. said...

I made this tonight for dinner and my husband and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! The recipe is definitely a keeper and I told him I was already putting in my order for my birthday dinner! Thanks for sharing! Carla G.

Atticelf said...

YUMMY! We've never been shrimping before but that's one big looking' mama. Maybe we should go!

Anonymous said...

Delicious! And that is one huge shrimp, too. I hate the way they look though, but love the way they taste!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs