Tuesday, December 7, 2010

glass glitter jingle bell wreath tutorial


This year I'm obsessed with glitter. But not just any glitter--German glass glitter. It's actually made from ground up glass, and it is absolutely gorgeous. You can find beautiful glitter glass here, here, and here. Don't you love how these jingle bells look like they're frosty?

There are different grits of glass glitter. Here are examples of fine, medium, and large grit glass glitters. I think for the jingle bells I preferred the medium grit.





I saw a glitter-encrusted jingle bell at PB the other day, so I pulled out my jingle bell supply and got to work glittering up every last one. Here's how to glitter a jingle bell or two and then turn them into a wreath. They're great as ornaments, gift toppers, even gift tags. Gorgeous.

Glittered Jingle Bell Wreath Tutorial

Supplies:
*Glitter (in a bowl with plastic spoon)
*Jingle balls
*Craft spray adhesive
*Craft wire
*Ribbon and trim

1. Cut a few inches of wire to hold your jingle bell. You can string two or three at a time as long as you leave a little room between them.


2. Hold a can of all-purpose craft adhesive spray 6-8 inches away from jingle bell on the wire. Spray on all sides.


3. Quickly dip in glitter, using spoon to spoon glitter on all sides of jingle bell until covered.


Repeat with about 30 small jingle bells for a small wreath. Change the number for bigger or smaller wreaths--you can play around with it.


4. Lay half your jingle bells out in the shape of a wreath. Cut a piece of wire just longer than you need for the shape of the wreath. String jingle bells on. They will fall double-wide along the wire.



5. When your wreath is full, push ends of wire into bells on opposite sides. Wrap the ends of wire around the main wreath wire to secure. Cover the ends with bells.


6. Add a loop of ribbon tied in a bow so you can hang it. I added a little piece of tinsel for extra holiday cheer.




These are so cute as an ornament, a gift topper,


or even a fancy gift tag.


Now I'm off to use some more glass glitter--I'm not done decorating yet!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
14 Comments

14 Responses to “glass glitter jingle bell wreath tutorial”

Mama Bear said...

I love it....it's so cute!! Does the glass glitter fall off like regular glitter? And can it cut you while you handle it? Thanks so much for sharing!!!

B. Anna said...

Just beautiful! I must try this. Thanks for sharing.

Biljana said...

Hvala za t tuturial, čudovit je, kot vsi tvoji izdelki. (Slovenia)

Vanessa at Rescued Goods said...

So pretty! What a great idea! I fear I won't have time-maybe next year!

Linda Ruthie said...

Gorgeous!!!!

chelsea said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing :)

Helby said...

This is great! I'll have to save this one for next year. Thanks!

melinda said...

Just found your bloggie :) It's lovely!! And I'm soooo gonna make these wreaths this weekend!!!! YAHOOO!!!! :)

Jenni Renee said...

These are amazing! I really might try this and I do agree that the medium looks better than the others. :0) I love glitter and snow so Im again so loving this!
Keep Smiling!

Leanne said...

ooh I love it in the last photo! great fancy gift tag! loving the glitter.

Little Birdie Secrets said...

No, the glitter doesn't cut you (although I had to admit I was a little nervous about using it at first!). It might lose a little glitter, but it doesn't fall off as easily as ultra-fine glitter. However, it probably depends on your adhesive, too. I did one with Mod Podge (which was too messy), but the glitter stuck even better than the spray adhesive.

la Naváa said...

These look SUPER cute and easy to make! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Ethan Mashimo said...

okay...mandy...if these are your gift tags that you are going to exchange.....I am embarrassed of mine. =\ eek.

The Hills said...

This may be a really dumb question...but I can't sit here staring at my ribbon any longer:)...how do you tie that bow? I can't seem to figure it out.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs