Tuesday, December 21, 2010

christmas gift tag exchange {easy christmas gift idea}

Last week I joined my cute friends from Lasting Memories for a tag exchange party. We each made 12 tags and traded them while enjoying lots of good food (my contribution coming to this blog soon!) and good conversation. Tags also make a great gift, because everyone can use them at Christmastime!

Here are my tags for the swap. I just punched a circle out of sheet music scrapbook paper, punched a star out of plain card stock, covered the star with glitter glue, and dunked it in my german glass glitter. Then I popped the star up with a pop dot and added a little tinsel and a jingle bell. Festive, eh?



Here are all the tags I received at the swap. Amazing, right?


These are a few of my favorites. My friend Annette went all out with these gorgeous tags featuring an accordion fold circle (see the tutorial here).


This tag was made of thin wood, washi tape, sequins, and a hilarious mustache button by my talented friend London who makes killer chipboard buttons (check out her shop right now!).


This glitter tag by my friend Kim looks so fancy, but it is so easy to make! Martha Stewart makes a great glue stamp pad that allows you to stamp your image with a stamp and then sprinkle glitter on it. That's it--it's that easy!


My vintage-loving-friend Marilyn (the recipient of this cute vintage button jar) make this beautiful tag with stamps and buttons in her favorite colors--red and aqua.


My friend Kayleen and I got together a couple of weeks ago and had a tag-making day. We each made 5 of 5 different tags (okay, she made 6 and I made 5--I'm slow). Then we put 1 of each in a cello bag and tied it with a little ribbon and a tag for a fun gift for a brunch we put on last week. It was almost a gift for ourselves because we got to spend quality papercrafting time together AND we each ended up with a set of the tags for ourselves!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “christmas gift tag exchange {easy christmas gift idea}”

the gathering girls said...

What a great idea! I have to remember the tag exchange for next year. I have so many little dresses I made last year. I hung them on my little christmas tree, but they would be perfect for a tag exchange. You can see them on my blog at www.quiltedseasons.blogspot.com

kjramstack said...

What a cool idea! I would love to do this next year with some friends.

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures and such great tag ideas! I won't have time to make any this Christmas but maybe I'll start early and get some done for next year. I am finally in the spirit, a little late but that's okay!
My favorite is the one with the buttons, I love buttons!
Shannon C

sewfunquilts said...

Sounds like you all had a fun time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Linda Ruthie said...

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful tags. I'm inspired!

Merry Christmas!

CountryBelle said...

How do you ever give them away? They are sooo pretty!

Bethany Crowell said...

How fun! You all are so talented!!

katielyn said...

I want to do a tag exchange now! What talented friends you have!

Leslie said...

You have some talented friends! I love all the pretty tags you guys made! May I link to them to give some of my own tag-making friends ideas for next year?

Very nice!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs