Thursday, August 19, 2010

mexican bowtie pasta recipe

It's not our normal recipe day, but I have been canning peaches the last few days and haven't had time to finish the posts I have in the works. Since so many of you asked for the recipes shown on my recipe board, I thought we'd have a bonus recipe this week! The others will follow soon. Enjoy!


Mexican Bowtie Pasta

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c. frozen corn, run under cold water for a minute
1/4 c. diced red onion
1 avacado, diced
1/2 c. diced tomato
Juice from 1 lime (I used 2 Tbsp. bottled lime juice in a pinch)
1/2 c. mayonaise
1 c. salsa of your choice
2-3 c. bowtie pasta (cook 2 min. less that directed)
1 c. or less chicken or steak, booked and cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 c. shredded colby-jack cheese
1/2 c. chopped cilantro

Combine first six ingredients (through lime) in a bowl. Chill.

Mix mayo and salsa together and pour over cooked pasta. Chill.

Before serving, add veggies to pasta. Toss with cheese, meat, and cilantro. Serve cold.

*You can also omit the pasta and serve as a yummy dip with tortilla chips!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
16 Comments

16 Responses to “mexican bowtie pasta recipe”

Heather said...

YUMM! I'm going to make this tonight!

Loonstruck said...

This has at least three things that my picky kid won't eat but I'm gonna make him anyway! Wow that looks great!

Sarah said...

sounds so rummy, I'm so gonna try it!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

My mouth is watering... I LOVE mexican food... and Italian food... and this looks like such a happy fulfilling meal! lol

Janelle said...

We have had this many times!! We love it!! The kids love it!! Thanks for posting - I have not made it in a while and it brought it back to my mind!!

Expats Again said...

Looks and sounds delicious. I will have to try it. Thanks!

CraftyBrit said...

This looks really good! Thanks for sharing :)

MitziMakes said...

yum this looks tasty!

betsy ...on raspberry lane said...

i am in love with all of this except the mayo...i like mayo, but it seems weird here!? i would have expected something like sour cream instead. it looks delicious though!

Kelli said...

Yummy! I think I will give it a try this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Kelli
xoxo

vanessa said...

Sounds wonderful, can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing! Now if only I could have dairy... stupid dairy allergy!

Unknown said...

Such a great dish for a hot Summer day! Made a few changes to fit the family and it was a hit! So good! A new family favorite!

Mama.Mommy.Mom. said...

Looks like an amazing dish!

Anonymous said...

Oh - a culinary marriage made in heaven - pasta + mexican. Can it get any better than that?

Crissy said...

I made this for a bunch of friends this weekend and it was a HUGE hit! I tripled it for 12 people and 3 toddlers and there wasn't much left over! I will absolutely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs