Friday, September 26, 2008

world card making day card swap



Did you know Saturday, October 4th is World Card Making Day? I know, there's a "day" for everything, but this is one we can really get excited about! I'm addicted to card making. I got Jessica addicted, too. Her husband actually said he was glad she picked up this hobby because of all the money they'd save on cards they'd be buying anyway. Ha! Don't let him talk to my husband. He'll tell him about the million dollars in "money-saving" supplies hiding in our office closet. But hey, whatever you've got to tell yourself for the love of papercrafting. . .

We know there are a few of you out there who love to make cards, too. So, in honor of World Card Making Day, we're hosting a virtual card swap! Participating in a swap is a great way to get a bunch of different handmade cards and only have to come up with one idea. In the real world, you would design one card and make one for each person participating. Then the group would swap with each other so they so everyone ended up with one of everyone else's cards. But the best thing about our virtual swap? You only have to make one card!

Send us a photo or scan of your handmade card by Wednesday, October 1st to littlebirdiesecrets@gmail.com, and we'll post them here on October 4th. Please include your name and any supplies you used (include the manufacturer if you know it, but don't stress if you don't).

We can't wait to see what you come up with!



share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
5 Comments

5 Responses to “world card making day card swap”

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Great idea. I'm in! I hope others are in too!!!

Anonymous said...

I love making cards. Count me in!

Jessica said...

OBVIOUSLY I am in!!

Tiffany said...

I love your cards! I really enjoy reading your blog, and I wanted to let you know that you are one of my crafty blogs this week!
Love
Tiff
www.craftyhomemaker.blogspot.com

Heidi Boos said...

You can count me in and I'll spread the word, too! Love the idea!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs