Friday, September 5, 2008

Fun Baby Shower Ideas

Baby Week would not be complete unless we shared some great baby shower ideas with you! Every mother-to-be looks forward to the day of her shower where instead of feeling fat, tired, and hungry she can enjoy special decor, gifts, and friends. Every hostess wants the day to be a hit, so we have found some great ideas for you to use!

We are big fans of all the projects over at Homemade By Jill but these next two ideas really caught our eye. Jill made this gorgeous diaper cake. This is sure to be a hit at your baby shower and you can click here for a tutorial on how to make this cake yourself.



The next wonderful idea from Jill is these onesie cookies. How adorable are these? Although Jill admits these cookies were a ton of work, she also says that they were such a big hit that she will definitely be making them again. Click here to try your hand at these cuties, which are sure to impress.

If those ideas aren't enough for you, we also found this great video showing how to make the most adorable baby rattle cupcakes from Howdini.com!




How to make baby rattle cupcakes


And lastly, your baby shower cannot be complete without a great game idea, and we have just the thing! A variation of this game was played at my own baby shower and it was a huge hit. You can't go wrong when every guest gets to take a candy bar home!

Using the ideas below, you put all these candy bars in the center of the room. A person draws the funny pregnancy/childbirth word and has to match it with the candy bar in the center of the room. They get to keep the one they guess!

Conception………..Skor
Bladder problems ………..Fast break
Choosing a name …….Watchamacalit
Breast feeding ……..Milkyway
Obstetrician …….Butterfinger
Engorgement …….Mounds
Bib ………Gobstoppers
Spit up ……Goobers
Epidural ……..Lifesavers
Contractions ………Whoppers
Twins ……Twix
Triplets…….3 Musketeers
Delivery…….PayDay
1st trimester……Rocky Road
Stretch marks……Red Vines
Sitz bath…..Fun Dip
Baby’s giggle……Snickers
Hospital bill……100 Grand
Water breaking…….Starburst
How you feel in your 9th month……..Rolo
Your mental state for 9 months……Airheads
What you want to do all pregnancy long (except first 3 months)……Munch
What you fear you’ll look like during pregnancy…….Chunky
Shower your baby with these……..Kisses
Baby’s nap time…….Take 5
Episiotomy…….Doughnut

We hope you enjoy these ideas as much as we do, and don't forget to leave us a comment to be entered into our giveaway this week. Link to us on your blog or website and you will be entered twice!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
20 Comments

20 Responses to “Fun Baby Shower Ideas”

Laura said...

Those are great ideas and a great game (hadn't heard of it before!). Definitely beats the idea of me being measured with a string. Cute onesie cookies!!
laurachilton {at} hotmail {dot} com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this game idea. I have been wanting to host a baby shower and this game will be perfect!

Clara
ultimateclara@hotmail.com

I Do Faces said...

I found your site from Tip Junkie!!! Thanks for the great ideas!!!
Tasia
idofaces56@aol.com

Trish said...

I am so glad I came across your site! There are so many fun ideas on here. I just started writing the craft section for a new blog all about pregnant and new moms, where I find fun tutorials and then direct people to come take a look. I'm sure I'll be using some of your fun ideas for this!

Bunny B said...

Mmmm... yummy cookies! Thanks for the cool ideas!

bunnybx at gmail . com

Anonymous said...

baby matching game is great! i have a slightly different version I play, this gives some great alternatives...thanks for sharing!
ttmom42 at yahoo dot com

Yelowflower said...

I LOVE that game lol thanks

http://yelowflowersgarden.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a fun game, and beautiful diaper cake!!!
Sabrina S

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the baby diaper cake - it looks fantastic.

I will definitely be adding a link to you on my blog and feel quite inspired to come up with a fleecy baby bootie pattern of my own.

OneProudMomma
budgetbaby.blog.co.uk

Christy Amular said...

All great ideas! Thank you so much!

heather said...

I went to a great baby shower with the candy bar game at it. I think it's the best shower I've ever been to!

heather said...

PS-- I created a link, but it didn't show up....maybe those have to be approved too....

Kayce said...

Thanks so much for the great ideas!
Kayce
KayceRee@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Cute ideas girls... Hopefully they will inspire me to get moving on planning my friends shower at the begining of next month!

Laura Newman
wrestlinwinnie@hotmail.com

Somer said...

I'm throwing a baby shower in October, so thank you, thank you for all the great ideas.

Unknown said...

Add me to your give away. You guys make me wanna have another baby, just to try out your cute idea's. You are amazing!

Unknown said...

By the way, you have always been linked to my blog. And so many have thanked me for that, everyone who visits my blog loves this blog....

haley said...

those onesie cookies are adorable.

Brandy said...

really cute game idea, and love the hangers and onsies too!

Tonya Staab said...

Thank you so much for stopping by blog today. If you hadn't I many never have found you out in the wide wide world of blogging. I absolutely adore your site. I'm adding it to my crafting blogroll.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs