Tuesday, September 16, 2008

silly t-shirts to make with your kids

Our kids seriously love it when we include them in our crafting. Take one look at this picture and you'll see what I mean.




We made these silly t-shirts using Stacy's vinyl cutter and heat transfer material. So if you have a Cricut or similar machine, these are a snap! (But don't forget to cut them in mirror image!) You can also buy individual iron-on letters, but they are more expensive. One of the coolest options we found is iron-on transfer paper. You can print almost anything and put it on a t-shirt. Check out HP.com's tutorial--it even has a video.



Here are some ideas we found for funny kids' shirts:

*Out of bed and full of sugar
*What happens at grandma's, stays at grandma's
*If you can read this, flip me over (ironed on upside down)



For baby onesies:

*iPood
*Potty like a rockstar
*Poops I did it again
*Chicks dig my muscles
*Hey dude, your wife keeps checking me out



For expecting moms, try these:

*I can grow humans. What's your superpower?
*Does this baby make me look fat?
*Baby wants cake

For pillowcases:
*In the mood (one side); Not in the mood (other side)

Another fun idea is to have your child draw a picture, then scan it and print it on the iron-on transfer paper. Stacy's little guy has one with his artwork on it, and he's so proud to tell everyone that he made it.

We loved Mark It with a B's birthday shirts, too! These are so simple, but they make kids feel like a rockstar on their birthday. Barbara even uses the t-shirt for the birthday gift wrapping instead of paper. Way to be green! My kiddos have already picked out the fabric they want for their own. (Wow, better get crackin'--I've got both their birthdays coming up in a couple of weeks!) But they look so easy, they really shouldn't take long.







I saw t-shirts in lots of colors on sale at Michael's recently, and I know Target and similar stores are starting to clearance out their plain t-shirts to make room for warmer fall stuff. So now's the time to stock up!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
10 Comments

10 Responses to “silly t-shirts to make with your kids”

Tinabean said...

Oh I so need to make some of these shirts!
Thank you for the ideas.
Your going on my blog roll.
Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Wendy said...

Do you have an easy tutorial for appliques? Cute tees!

ms.clark said...

I made my baby one that says "I only cry when ugly people hold me".
We got a lot of chuckles over that one. Also now that it is voting season "I only cry when Democrats/Republicans hold me" is sure to be a big hit!

Anonymous said...

fun!!

Katrina said...

so cute! can you tell me where you got the iron on vinyl?

ms.clark said...

I buy mine from signwarehouse.com.

mylittlegems said...

I just found your blog and this is adorable! Thanks for all the cute ideas! I love it!

Jessica said...

Those shirt ideas cracked me up!

Lisita said...

The iPood onesie is my fav!

Anonymous said...

I wore a shirt at the end of my pregnancy (I get extremely huge) that said "I think I might be pregnant". I got lots of laughs with that one!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs