Monday, September 1, 2008

bitty booties and other things for tiny toes



We've made it known before that we adore Heather Bailey. She is a crafting goddess. Her FREE pattern for these easy baby booties was my first exposure to her, and let me tell you, I was immediately hooked. Made from wool felt and any embellishments you can imagine, these bitty booties can be made as simple or elaborate as you wish. Take a look at a few pairs I made, then check out Heather's Bitty Booties Flickr page for over 500 more ideas! Holy cow, there are some creative people out there. You can use any fabric you choose, and they can even be lined.








And while we're on the subject of baby shoes, have you seen these? They're called Heelarious High Heels for babies! The Web site describes them as "extremely funny, completely soft shoes for babies 0-6 months, designed to look like high heels." They come in lots of funky prints for about $35 a pair. Two SAHMs in L.A. designed these and are making a killing in the boutique scene. What a crack up!


Another way cute mompreneur came up with these ingenious things called Baby Legs: the original leg and arm warmers for children and adults. Perfect for keeping babies legs warm while keeping diaper changes simple, or to warm up arms without toting a heavy jacket. They come in a ton of cute prints, too. They even feature a gallery of ways to wear Baby Legs. A-dor-a-ble.


Don't forget to leave us a comment to enter our Baby Week giveaway! Link our blog on yours and we'll enter you twice!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
19 Comments

19 Responses to “bitty booties and other things for tiny toes”

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

WOW! You've made some GORGEOUS variations! Those heel booties scare me!

Anonymous said...

BabyLegs was created here in Seattle, woohoo!

Amanda @ www.kiddio.org said...

I've loved that pattern too (go Heather Bailey!), but mine just haven't turned out quite as well as yours. Or maybe it's just your great photography :)
Can't wait for more of baby week!

Anonymous said...

Heelarious was started in Seattle as well.

Desiree said...

I LOVE this site! You ladies are so creative!

greetingarts said...

We have two pairs of BabyLegs, and my kiddos weren't even babies when I got them. Your felt booties are so adorable, you did a great job.

Audrey said...

I love these booties!! Thanks for so many great ideas!!!

Wendy said...

Okay, those booties are enough to make we want to have another baby ;)

heather said...

I've made a few other types of baby shoes which you can see at my blog. The bitty booties are next on the list!

sara said...

Love your blog- CUTE stuff!

Anonymous said...

your site is beautiful. I've learned so much from it.

Bonnie R said...

My little one received a pair of these cute booties as a gift. They are the only shoes she wears without any complaints! :)

Shellbells said...

love these posts about baby stuff have a few baby gifts to make so shall give these gorgeous boots a go

thanks

Somer said...

Wow, you've inspired me I think I need to make some baby booties.

Lesley said...

Those high heels are hilarious!!!!

Jillinda said...

I loved the little booties on Izzy, so thanks again. The purple ones with the little flower I think are my favorite.

Okay and don't those heel's look like the ones Miss Piggy wears?

Laura said...

These booties are gorgeous. While I have always been indifferent to the baby's sex, things like these booties make me realize the clothes are so much cuter for baby girls! We find out next week (20 week appt) what we're having. But truly, I'll be happy with either. How can you not be? :)
laurachilton {at} hotmail {dot} com

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Those baby high heels are too funny! I found your blog through the Forrey family website! Your blog is great and I linked it to mine with a couple other craft blogs I like!! I love finding cute new projects to do.

I am a baby wearer said...

Yeah, I am not crafty, but I think I could actually make these!
Very cute!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs